Solved Up-to-date large mechanical landing leg bp?

dezway

Registered
Trying to build some big landing legs for first stage recovery but I can't get the hinge down. (figuratively, not literally)

Any help?

T

TtTOtW

I remember I saw a 1.35 YouTube video featuring one very good design. I'll see if I can find it .

dezway

Registered
I remember I saw a 1.35 YouTube video featuring one very good design. I'll see if I can find it .
thank you but

idk if I can download said design since it most likely doesn't have a bp download

and since most sfs videos are like 480p I can't photoreference it either

T

TtTOtW

I'll reproduce it and give you the .bp. as long as you credit the designer ( I'll tell you who it is)

dezway

Registered
thanks, but any designs for dual engine stages? (unless you have a fix for the problem below.)

the problem with those is that they seem to only work with a 1 engine setup with a fairly small fuel tank in order for the legs to latch onto (but I need a dual engine setup because it would be too heavy to liftoff otherwise)

that isn't present on my rocket so there's nothing solid for it to grab onto for stability and thus is wobbly.

below is my modified design, which doesn't work.

Screenshot_2019-01-24-18-30-56.png

the legs are at the lowest they can be without it not reaching the ground

but they're still wobbly af and don't actually lift up the rocket like the normal legs do so they don't work.

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
thanks, but any designs for dual engine stages? (unless you have a fix for the problem below.)

the problem with those is that they seem to only work with a 1 engine setup with a fairly small fuel tank in order for the legs to latch onto (but I need a dual engine setup because it would be too heavy to liftoff otherwise)

that isn't present on my rocket so there's nothing solid for it to grab onto for stability and thus is wobbly.

below is my modified design, which doesn't work.

View attachment 12549
the legs are at the lowest they can be without it not reaching the ground

but they're still wobbly af and don't actually lift up the rocket like the normal legs do so they don't work.
Well one problem I can already see is the engine no longer has the cap the legs used as support.