Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Well, haven’t seen this thread in a while.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
We got a new peek! Stef said that it’s almost done, so get ready for it come mid July.
BA38907B-4579-482D-876D-513083472C7E.jpeg

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Mid July!? Will the update inc the reentry effect?

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Mid July!? Will the update inc the reentry effect?
It will probably be here well before that, but then again...we all know what happened with 1.4, and especially 1.5.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Oh, you're of that kind who believes in updates :D
I've a question for you dude as mr when update.

After all the hype and crying for 1.5, how much did you actually do post update, what actually changed, how much do you play the game now and how much do you think the next update is going to change that?

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure

After all the hype and crying for 1.5, how much did you actually do post update, what actually changed, how much do you play the game now and how much do you think the next update is going to change that?
Well, I can confidently say that 1.5 opened up a whole new realm of building possibilities. For me that fundamentally changed how the game was played. Not the one being asked, just felt if chime in.

I don't know for sure how much the update changes anything until I can try it.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Well, I can confidently say that 1.5 opened up a whole new realm of building possibilities. For me that fundamentally changed how the game was played. Not the one being asked, just felt if chime in.
I dunno man. It changed the how, but it didn't really change the what. It changed how things looked, but did very little good with how you and the game interact. Aside from exploiting the build system to create things the game never intended, once you leave the game and actually simulate spaceflight, the only real improvement is the aero system.

Something the vast majority wouldn't have even known there was a difference if it weren't for patchnotes and update peeks.

Aside from that, 1.5 is a buggy and frustrating experience that you have to work around, awaiting the craft to split open like a supersonic banana or have all your fuel to disappear cos you used the RCS at the wrong time.

I don't know for sure how much the update changes anything until I can try it.
Which is my point. The previous update dropped and poof, you were gone. Not even a 'check out all these cool things I can do, it was well worth the wait'. Well, apart from the usual 'need more features' anyway.
How much did 1.5 change what you did in game, outside the VAB...?

Which is my point. The previous update dropped and poof, you were gone. Not even a 'check out all these cool things I can do, it was well worth the wait'. Well, apart from the usual 'need more features' anyway.
If you consider something cool it doesn't mean everyone should do the same.
1.5 killed my interest to rovers and some already deployed ones too. Yes, it brought clipping, but I don't use it much, only when I can't do without it. Also 1.5 brought some problems like parts showing from under the fairings and strange activation zones for parts.
If 1.5 is great for you - lucky you. I'll say it's tottaly good and no problems when it actually is so for me. And I hope staging brings that good, but what I personally want is heat system, power system, astronauts, career mode and infinite building zone.
For those thing I can tell for sure that they will make me play more and enjoy more.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I dunno man. It changed the how, but it didn't really change the what. It changed how things looked, but did very little good with how you and the game interact. Aside from exploiting the build system to create things the game never intended, once you leave the game and actually simulate spaceflight, the only real improvement is the aero system.

Something the vast majority wouldn't have even known there was a difference if it weren't for patchnotes and update peeks.

Aside from that, 1.5 is a buggy and frustrating experience that you have to work around, awaiting the craft to split open like a supersonic banana or have all your fuel to disappear cos you used the RCS at the wrong time.

So why would changes in the VAB not count then? In a lot of ways, it is my primary means of interacting with the game. Building rockets is like 75% of what I do. I built a lot before 1.5, but I would say that after its release, building was the biggest area I focused on. Wether intended or not, I still say 1.5 still introduced a new game mechanic which changed how I play the game, not necessarily how everyone plays.

I am personally of the opinion that we don’t need more feature updates. Are they nice? Sure, but I could live without them. 1.5 has its bugs, I could maybe name around two times when they had an actual impact on what I was doing in a way which took more than just ten seconds to correct. You of all people know that the previous versions of the game have bugs akin to those of 1.5, that’s an issue development. Not necessarily exclusive to 1.5.

So why would changes in the VAB not count then? In a lot of ways, it is my primary means of interacting with the game. Building rockets is like 75% of what I do. I built a lot before 1.5, but I would say that after its release, building was the biggest area I focused on. Wether intended or not, I still say 1.5 still introduced a new game mechanic which changed how I play the game, not necessarily how everyone plays.

I am personally of the opinion that we don’t need more feature updates. Are they nice? Sure, but I could live without them. 1.5 has its bugs, I could maybe name around two times when they had an actual impact on what I was doing in a way which took more than just ten seconds to correct. You of all people know that the previous versions of the game have bugs akin to those of 1.5, that’s an issue development. Not necessarily exclusive to 1.5.
People I ask all say that lacking of feature updates for months or even year is the exact reason why they gave up playing. And I'm not talking about one or two people, I'm talking about one or two dozens whom I've seen in some chats. I would even be grateful for just one tiny thing - a radial parachute for command capsule. Don't tell it's hard - people make much crazier stuff in blueprint editors. But I don't use those because why should I play a game outside a game but in filemanager and text editor?