Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Never had such problems in KSP. Phase angles always do the job.
You can. There's a timewarp.
I feel there's a serious misunderstatement there dude, we are clearly not speaking about the same thing. Let's stop this here, we are off-topic. We can continue this in private if you wish.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I can also think about another format, but from my experience people are very attached to this format.
Yeah, cos most people who play SFS like simple. They're not interested in phase angles, they just want to know how much its going to cost them when they press burn when the game tells them to burn.

I tried other map formats, even some more complete that showed transfers "from X to X" (and not just "from Earth to X"), but the result was very confusing and hasn't really been appreciated then...
Yeah, I remember the thread and the other concept drawing that was put together. Personally didn't mind it, and would come in handy when doing deliveries that didn't involve going back to Earth first.

You only need 1 dV value for the most efficient phase angle.
Why not the least efficient? If you only show the most efficient on a potentially quite elliptical orbit then there'll be a huge difference between best case and worst case in terms of fuel/Dv budget.

You can. There's a timewarp.
And if you don't feel like waiting for not just a normal transfer window, but the perfect transfer window where everything is aligned? Which, depending on the bodies concerned, may be quite a wait. Even under timewarp

Altaïr does Dv maps out of purely good nature, and is conceptualising a way of not just calculating, but presenting a workable map for anyone to use.
If you want to wait for the right phase angle, cos its best in KSP, do so. Hopefully the game will show you how to calculate and present that aswell in SFS. No one is going to force you to use his map if you have worked out something better.

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
Do you even read?
I say you don't need any "general" values.
You only need 1 dV value for the most efficient phase angle.
please respect Altaïr, He's doing it out of the kindness of his heart, If you have suggestions, say it with a respectful tone
Why would anyone need the least efficient?
probably (If i'm understanding this) because showing the least efficient gives you an idea of where you need to be below. Show the worst to work from

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Incase of a mistake. If you budget for the maximum you're going to need, then you'll never miss. If you budget for the absolute minimum, unless your flight goes perfectly then you're not going to make your destination.

I'm pretty sure most people would prefer definitely making it, to possibly not making it.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Back On Topic

You can disagree with me on the rest, but I ask this as a moderator.
We can continue this discussion in private if you wish.

Last edited:

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
Imo the hawk should have two nozzles because that would look badass

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Is the build grid becoming bigger

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered

stef says the game should be roughly bug free by release, probably so he can take a well deserved break

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Cuz If There's Multi Then People Would Be Able Have Fun Together And Missions Would Be Easier.
Water Is Joined To Rockets. NASA Thought Water Was The Best Thing That The Capsules Could Land On.
try and put all your messages in one post dude. It makes the place look untidy otherwise.

Multiplayer is a lot harder to implement than just allowing players to collaborate on missions. Timewarping, which is almost essential even on a small solar system in SFS, becomes a problem with multiple users as time, and thus locations of planets and things in orbit, will be different for each player.

Water Is Joined To Rockets. NASA Thought Water Was The Best Thing That The Capsules Could Land On.
Which is true, but water will not act like water in SFS. It'll just be blue rock.