Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Not everyone can get mods, and if it’s a game breaking bug then it definitely shouldn’t be released until it is fixed.
Dude it's just a joke. Even i know that Stef is giving his best to make this update special and that's why it's taking time.

Tony

Registered
In real life (Professional) endless wait. No delivery date. Escuse to save time. This will result in loss of contract and immediate dismissal.

T

TtTOtW

In real life (Professional) endless wait. No delivery date. Escuse to save time. This will result in loss of contract and immediate dismissal.
Tony I personally know the problem and some of its details. It is real. Do not say harsh things about Stef because of this.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I can confirm this too. It's sad that it's only be seen in the last few days, but the dev team really works hard on it. Believe me they do their best.

I can confirm this too. It's sad that it's only be seen in the last few days, but the dev team really works hard on it. Believe me they do their best.
Just saying - it would be easier to wait if people see some progress updates. Weekly for instance. Or less frequent. The point is that we don't see any work and some progress updates on what's the situation would give us some clue about development state.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Ok, although I would love to see the update now, we are talking about a crashing bug, so If TtTOtW and Altaïr confirm Its real, then I prefer to wait until is fixed.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Just saying - it would be easier to wait if people see some progress updates. Weekly for instance. Or less frequent. The point is that we don't see any work and some progress updates on what's the situation would give us some clue about development state.
Regardless, the release date is still going to be the same, so your waiting time is going to identical.
So it doesn't matter if there are constant progress reports, it won't make anything come any quicker. Only thing it will do is inform the wHEn upDaTE crowd when they can stop whining about 1.5 and start whining about 1.51.

Regardless, the release date is still going to be the same, so your waiting time is going to identical.
So it doesn't matter if there are constant progress reports, it won't make anything come any quicker. Only thing it will do is inform the wHEn upDaTE crowd when they can stop whining about 1.5 and start whining about 1.51.
I'm not saying it will make it come quicker.
I'm saying it will make people see the work is actually going on and that will ease the waiting.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I'm saying it will make people see the work is actually going on and that will ease the waiting
They can see work is going on. There's an absolute metric shitton of evidence that work is on-going and absolutely zero evidence that he's abandoned the project.

Soooo it's fair to say that work is ongoing. Even if you aren't being explicitly told every minute/hour/day/week/month, any assumption that work has stopped is based upon nothing more than panic, impatience and base stupidity.

Tony

Registered
They can see work is going on. There's an absolute metric shitton of evidence that work is on-going and absolutely zero evidence that he's abandoned the project.

Soooo it's fair to say that work is ongoing. Even if you aren't being explicitly told every minute/hour/day/week/month, any assumption that work has stopped is based upon nothing more than panic, impatience and base stupidity.
I know you don't all agree with me. You always need a delivery date even with bugs. Financially it is the end of a business. If I had Stef under my responsibility. He has no credibility. You have to make the business work ultimately. Customers don't wait. Don't sell them the dream

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I understand your point. Maybe Stef should communicate more indeed. But it's not always possible, in this case, Stef can't really say "Hey look, before it was crashing and now it's not crashing anymore!"
He can communicate on visual things, but some features are not really adapted for this...

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
If I had Stef under my responsibility
That's the great thing about working for yourself. You're not beholden to anyone else.

Financially it is the end of a business
Well it's not hurting him financially. People still buy the game. And will still buy it when the update comes out. So you could sack him if he was your employee, but that makes even less financial sense.

You always need a delivery date even with bugs
Not really. A hasty release with problems is always worse than releasing late. There has never been an example of something going to production early with problems that has gone well. And in most cases, that problematic early release has caused the creators incredible amounts of reputational and financial damage.

Don't sell them the dream
He isn't selling a dream. The update will happen. He never gave an exact time or date so hasn't lied to anyone. Tied with the fact he's under absolutely no obligation to anyone to complete it and neither you, me, or anyone else has any right to complain, push or campaign for its release.

Tony

Registered
That's the great thing about working for yourself. You're not beholden to anyone else.

Well it's not hurting him financially. People still buy the game. And will still buy it when the update comes out. So you could sack him if he was your employee, but that makes even less financial sense.

Not really. A hasty release with problems is always worse than releasing late. There has never been an example of something going to production early with problems that has gone well. And in most cases, that problematic early release has caused the creators incredible amounts of reputational and financial damage.

He isn't selling a dream. The update will happen. He never gave an exact time or date so hasn't lied to anyone. Tied with the fact he's under absolutely no obligation to anyone to complete it and neither you, me, or anyone else has any right to complain, push or campaign for its release.
I'm not trying to push it. He's young, He's making these debuts. We all start someday. He must prove himself. But in real life it doesn't work like that. I esteem becoup. It does a great job of programming. But he does not know how to organize over time. Sincerely as a customer who will wait so long. I can understand that you defend it. I like this game, I am waiting. But a delay like this can never work in real life

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Is this not real life?
Yes, Tony means as if this were a real company with a real dev team.
Horus Lupercal you don't like being told against. My idea is sincere. I recognize that provokes you a little. To just see your reaction. I have nothing against you. Cordially. Just a point exchange seen
Tony, Horus is not angry with you, or offended by your post (Hell, I can't think on anything that offends him) he is just sharing the opposite point of view.

Tony

Registered
Yes, Tony means as if this were a real company with a real dev team.

Tony, Horus is not angry with you, or offended by your post (Hell, I can't think on anything that offends him) he is just sharing the opposite point of view.
I am not angry with Horus Lupercal. I respect his ideas. Just a different analysis of things.

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Hey what if I told you SFS 1.5 doesn't come out the June 2020 disaster