URGENT ADVICE

DO NOT SWITCH FROM SOMETHING ON THE GROUND OF VENUS TO A SINGULAR STRUCTURAL PART FALLING ONTO VENUS WHILE TIME ACCELERATION IS SET TO 25x

I can only imagine it went so fast into the ground it leveled the entire planet, causing every piece of land to flatten and apparently also causing everything on the surface to start floating. I could only fix it by reverting to build.

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
DO NOT SWITCH FROM SOMETHING ON THE GROUND OF VENUS TO A SINGULAR STRUCTURAL PART FALLING ONTO VENUS WHILE TIME ACCELERATION IS SET TO 25x

I can only imagine it went so fast into the ground it leveled the entire planet, causing every piece of land to flatten and apparently also causing everything on the surface to start floating. I could only fix it by reverting to build.
This could have been a profile post but OK.

New Horizons

58 AU from the Sun
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
ok.... I'm on mobile so I can't timewarp past 3x

MonkeSpaceflight

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Thats not just a mobile thing. On every platform you can't timewarp more than 3x while accelerating, or below the Karman line.

NOG Aerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered

Really niche problem, I don’t think i‘ll ever have a singular part going 25x into a planet

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Thats not just a mobile thing. On every platform you can't timewarp more than 3x while accelerating, or below the Karman line.
He probably used VanillaUpgrades, that mod has a setting that gives access to higher time-warp factors in physics mode, and I believe 25× is possible with the mod.

Dahzito

Amateur Astronomer / Future Astrophysicist
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
He probably used VanillaUpgrades, that mod has a setting that gives access to higher time-warp factors in physics mode, and I believe 25× is possible with the mod.
Yes, with that mod it's possible to physics timewarp at a max of 25x but by using the higher physics timewarp the mod can be a "bit" unstable in some situations, so in my opinion it's not a surprise that such thing can happen.
There are even some little "bugs" that I "discovered" while testing some Acarii Drives and some experimental custom engines that I made that envolve the higher physics timewarp and the fact that it can be unstable or at certain situations there are some things that can happen, but I don't think these types of bugs can be fixed since the mod tries to implement higher physics timewarp than the 3x max the base game provides.

The thing on the surface wasn't moving so I could timewarp as much as I wanted, but I could still switch to the falling part, and no I do not have VanillaUpgrades.

mariohobbs

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I can only assume through some strange trick of the code, The surface was somehow offloaded and your structures must have floated away or possibly sunk into the surface and been destroyed when the surface was loaded back in. Try using info overload if you are on PC, really useful for this sort of thing