Vanilla+ Parts Pack

Invintex

Modder
Registered
This pack was made to complement vanilla Spaceflight Simulator gaming.

IMPORTANT
This pack is only work on Steam. For using it you must have beta with build-in parts/skins loader. Password to it is available on public-beta on official SFS Discord server. Let me know if this pack have any issues(and if it work on MAC)

About the pack
This is the pack that will add some useful textures and parts in game.

Currently this pack have:
  • Some new covered base and half-spherical tanks
  • Adaptive to tanks engines shrouds (Frontier, Valiant and Kolibri shrouds have curved variant)
  • Small SRB engines which will help you to move away spent stages, 3 sizes which have 2 variants each
All parts can be found in vanilla categories(engines shrouds currently have their own category and placed in Engines category)

Download
Releases

Screenshots

Textures:
1657903182627.png

1657903234339.png

1657903257798.png

Parts:
1657903545670.png

1657903665544.png
1657903789241.png

If you have any ideas what can be also added in this pack, tell me in the comments

Last edited by a moderator:

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
I love it! Solid Fuel for the WIN!

Two things I noticed testing, a question and a request.

1. Solid Fuel perfectage increasing when the retroboosters fire... so the solid boosters don't turn off...
20220715225032_1.jpg

2. If you don't have "ignition" on when you activate the solid booster it does not turn on, Nor does it turn on if Throttle = 0%. Both of these cases must be true to activate booster. I feel once activated the solid boosters should activate regardless of the stage of Ignition and Throttle controls on the craft.

Question: Beyond looking pretty what do the shrouds actually do? I know its says "protect it from aerodynamic forces" but I'm not sure how useful that is as engines generally are aerodymically protected behind the spacecraft (as least as far as I could see for the extra weight they bare on the craft in a vertical up and down test). Please advise when the shrouds should be used for maximum effect.

Request: It would be cool if you introduced a "solid booster" rocket using the same mod but like 4x20 (no nose cone for more versatility).

can someone help, I'm having trouble installing. I have the latest version of modloader and I tried to install the source code one and the other one, but neither worked. (I am on windows)