Voyager 2 (The second one)

spacedoge402

Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Ok, after Mooncrasher told me that I couldn't transfer fuel between the spacecraft and the rocket, I made a second attempt. I call it voyager 2!
The BP is about 240t
Spaceflight Simulator 9_22_2022 4_27_22 PM.png
Wow, very impressive weather today!
Spaceflight Simulator 9_22_2022 4_27_14 PM.png
Anyways, now we are in orbit!
Spaceflight Simulator 9_22_2022 4_27_08 PM.png
And after we finish off the final stage, we are now on a solar system escape trajectory!
Spaceflight Simulator 9_22_2022 4_26_50 PM.png
(It doesn't look like it, but I am at around 14,000,000km, and I have a velocity of 7432m/s, so I am technically on a solar system escape trajectory!)
Anyways, if I did something wrong, please tell me down below!

XenonSpace

ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Registered
so I am technically on a solar system escape trajectory!
Funnily enough, the image shows you're still in heliocentric orbit. So, you are not in solar escape trajectory. There's a lot of room to add fuel for extra delta-v needed in ord to achieve solar escape velocity.

spacedoge402

Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Funnily enough, the image shows you're still in heliocentric orbit. So, you are not in solar escape trajectory. There's a lot of room to add fuel for extra delta-v needed in ord to achieve solar escape velocity.
The reason why is because I used a pack that goes up to seems, so by the challenge standards, I completed the challenge

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
It's strange, you meet the speed requirement by a good margin but you're still in orbit, not on an escape trajectory... Which solar system do you use?

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Technically isn't good enough, you either visibly escaped or you didn't. Use the stock system or an ACTUALLY aesthetic pack. Additionally make sure to use "normal mode".

As it is, declined

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
this one: Solar System (Up to Sedna).zip
Also, if I used the default solar system, I would be on an escape trajectory, but this pack is technically aesthetic, so it would still count
I just had a look, actually it isn't. The Sun is heavier and its gravity is stronger, that's why you're not on an escape trajectory despite meeting the speed requirement. The Earth has been modified too, though slightly, and not even at your advantage.

Technically I think your rocket is good enough to beat the challenge, but you should do this on the default solar system, the challenge has been balanced for it.

spacedoge402

Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I just had a look, actually it isn't. The Sun is heavier and its gravity is stronger, that's why you're not on an escape trajectory despite meeting the speed requirement. The Earth has been modified too, though slightly, and not even at your advantage.

Technically I think your rocket is good enough to beat the challenge, but you should do this on the default solar system, the challenge has been balanced for it.
not again...

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
He's givin you an advice, heck he's sayin your ship is probably good just try to use the stock one to prove the ship on that environment.

Better to use the stock planet pack because it's not edited nor tampered yet. Just fly your thing and see it yourself :)

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I'm sorry dude, I'm sure it was done in good faith, but that's an official challenge and we have to stick with strict rules. I'm sure you will do it easily though :)

spacedoge402

Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
ok: here is the FINAL link:
I'm sorry dude, I'm sure it was done in good faith, but that's an official challenge and we have to stick with strict rules. I'm sure you will do it easily though :)
its ok because I just did it, I used default, and i'm at speed requirements, but it says that I'm still in orbit