War Thunder

• Thread starter The Dark in the Light
  • Start date
T

The Dark in the Light

Any landing you can walk away from is a safe landing:p

I’m betting that he tried to land that way since the beginning. He landed on top of the cockpit and slide across the runway.
Nope, lol. I had my elevators shot off so that would have been hard. I'm pretty sure I braked too hard and flipped the plane cos of that.

T

The Dark in the Light

Torpedo bombing is fun.
Screenshot (517).png
Screenshot (518).png
Screenshot (519).png

Earl Have you ever tried torpedo bombing in naval battles? And do you enjoy naval battles in general?

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
T

The Dark in the Light

I don't play naval too much, so I don't torpedo bomb much. The only torp bomber I have has awful torpedoes that just drown most of the time lol.
Though it is pretty fun when done right :)
Ja, lol. What plane? I can recommend what I use for naval.

Earl

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
also i know it is off topic, but here's a cinematic I made a week or two ago:

T

The Dark in the Light

I use the He 111 (torpedo variant ofc). At higher BR ranges I will just use a normal bomber or ftighter.
Perhaps try the Japanese torpedo bombers and ships? I find those are very fun, but beware that using the reserve destroyer Mutsuki takes some time to learn and that the first Japanese torpedo bomber has no frontal armament, but as is common with all Japanese torpedo bombers, the torpedoes can be dropped at high speeds. I can try and teach you some of what I know.
also i know it is off topic, but here's a cinematic I made a week or two ago:
Not off topic at all! If it's War Thunder related, this is it's home.

Earl

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Perhaps try the Japanese torpedo bombers and ships? I find those are very fun, but beware that using the reserve destroyer Mutsuki takes some time to learn and that the first Japanese torpedo bomber has no frontal armament, but as is common with all Japanese torpedo bombers, the torpedoes can be dropped at high speeds. I can try and teach you some of what I know.

Not off topic at all! If it's War Thunder related, this is it's home.
Ok, I will make sure to try them out :)
and I meant that the video was off topic for the conversation we were currently having.

T

The Dark in the Light

Ok, I will make sure to try them out :)
and I meant that the video was off topic for the conversation we were currently having.
Ah. I find the Japanese ships and dive/torpedo bombers can be rewarding if you know how to use them. If your gonna play the Japanese ships, try and get Ayanami as fast as you can. She's the best destroyer I have, and if you can learn how to use her, very fun and rewarding. Wanna play together at some point?

Earl

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Ah. I find the Japanese ships and dive/torpedo bombers can be rewarding if you know how to use them. If your gonna play the Japanese ships, try and get Ayanami as fast as you can. She's the best destroyer I have, and if you can learn how to use her, very fun and rewarding. Wanna play together at some point?
Yeah, those craft sound like a lot of fun! I'll definitely need to give them a go!
Out of curiousit, have you researched any aircraft equipped with naval mines? They are a ton of fun to use in naval/ground RB.

T

The Dark in the Light

Yeah, those craft sound like a lot of fun! I'll definitely need to give them a go!
Out of curiousit, have you researched any aircraft equipped with naval mines? They are a ton of fun to use in naval/ground RB.
I don't think so? I'm booting up the game right now so I'll check.

T

The Dark in the Light

I don't think I do, but perhaps I'll get some aircraft that can use them. Wanna play together at some point?

Earl

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I don't think I do, but perhaps I'll get some aircraft that can use them. Wanna play together at some point?
You should definitely check them out. Naval mines have the same explosive mass as a 1000kg bomb, but weighs half as much. They can even be used against tanks, last time i checked.
And sure, It would be fun to play together sometime! I've been reallybusy lately, But I'll remember to let you know when I can play :)

T

The Dark in the Light

You should definitely check them out. Naval mines have the same explosive mass as a 1000kg bomb, but weighs half as much. They can even be used against tanks, last time i checked.
And sure, It would be fun to play together sometime! I've been reallybusy lately, But I'll remember to let you know when I can play :)
I'll definitely figure out which planes can equip mines, hopefully some German ones. I look forward to playing together at some point, you can never have too many bombing buddies!

Earl

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I'll definitely figure out which planes can equip mines, hopefully some German ones. I look forward to playing together at some point, you can never have too many bombing buddies!
It's only American ones as far as I know. Though the (BR 2) PBY has the same bomb load (in explosive mass) as a B-17 when you use naval mines.
And yeah, it'll definitely be nice to have more people to play with!

T

The Dark in the Light

It's only American ones as far as I know. Though the (BR 2) PBY has the same bomb load (in explosive mass) as a B-17 when you use naval mines.
And yeah, it'll definitely be nice to have more people to play with!
I doubt I'll fly the PBY. I'll probably research it, sure, but won't fly it. Do you know which planes have naval mines?