What's the dumbest thing you've ever done in SFS?

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
TBH one ion doesn't do shit for that.
Ion engines for a Moon mission? That's a bit of overkill, you don't need so much efficiency. After all, killing 110 m/s is a piece of cake for a Grasshoper.

Anoki

Registered
When I was making my first suborbital flights, I was experimenting with sandbox mode. When my capsules re-entered, they didn't slow down at all. This happened about five times before I learned to keep "No drag" off.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
What's the dumbest thing you've ever done in SFS?
I was building a mars space station, but I accidentally put one module on a clockwise orbit, and the other one on counterclockwise. The problem is that the orbits were so similar, that when I was approaching the first one with the third module, I saw a white blur smacing into the module I was docking to at 2x Orbital speed. Both ended up as mars surface debris

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Another time I was landing on Europa, I got an Jupiter encounter + Europa encounter. When I was performing the capture burn I jettisonned a pair of boosters. Later I noticed they got a close saturn flyby and achieved way over escape velocity. Then I remembered that they had the only landing legs on my spacecraft.