Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Rocket engineers must be patient. Space in general has lots of delays.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Summer? Hehehehe...
You guys remember when I said 1.5 will be released to celebrate the opening of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games...?

Can you imagine that comes truth?

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Summer? Hehehehe...
You guys remember when I said 1.5 will be released to celebrate the opening of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games...?

Can you imagine that comes truth?
Olympics might be cancelled due to coronavirus
Tbh I’m pretty hyped for 2020 we got SFS 1.5 Minecraft updates galore
I’ll get to play rust with ma console friends
New KSP
Buncha updates to my favorite games
Ya but a lot of things are getting cancelleed and I hope those don't get pushed back cause even E3 was cancelled.

Hopefully the C-19 is done establishing its citizenship to the world by the olympics and we can quit trying to cancel the world...

And get 1.50-1.59!

They had to rewrite SFS - I get it.
So why not to publish optimized version to community as 1.4x and then each week/month publish new feature? This way people would have more fun from the game. It's really really annoying when you have to wait and you don't know if you have to wait another month or year...

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
So why not to publish optimized version to community as 1.4x and then each week/month publish new feature?
Because they had to re-write it...

You can either drip feed a book chapter by chapter, or you can release the completed novel.

I love the way people seem to think Stef is delaying things for the giggle. Bearing in mind the quicker he releases the update and the more often he updates it, the quicker he makes money and the more money he makes from it.

I also love how people seem to think that 1.5 is going to be a completely new game or be the answer to all their problems. Spoiler alert. It's going to be exactly the same game.
Infact, it's going to get a lot harder for most users because the drag bug will be fixed and 80% of players have no idea that it even exists.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
They had to rewrite SFS - I get it.
So why not to publish optimized version to community as 1.4x and then each week/month publish new feature? This way people would have more fun from the game. It's really really annoying when you have to wait and you don't know if you have to wait another month or year...
I don't think a monthly update would be suitable in practice. This is actually way too short to implement significant features, as Stef has to code them, beta testers have to test them, Stef has to debug... You'd be surprised to see how time-consuming is software development.
Such frequent updates would mean that he would only work on small features, like new skins, a slightly different interface, maybe if we are lucky a new planet (probably not a whole planetary system like Jupiter and its moons though)... Only things he can deliver within one month. The good side is that he could fix some bugs indeed, but in the end the game would never evolve significantly.

I understand the will to play a new version, but such frequent updates wouldn't be a sustainable rhythm for Stef.