World record moon and back rocket

Axiom

He who asks ten thousand questions
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
That was my answer, I won't even try. Not that I could not, I speed ran a Grand Tour at the time of 1.35, it was called the RATS (Race Around The System). It took a long time and that was very painful, so I won't do that again. o_O
Just wondering, what was so painful about it?

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Just wondering, what was so painful about it?
Because it basically consists in going as fast as possible in a game that requires patience and precision. For docking or for landing in particular, it's very easy to break something because you're trying to do it so fast. For this reason it took many tries, and the whole journey took more than 30 minutes, so that means I had to spend hours on it. Not mentionning that I had to plan the trip first.

Axiom

He who asks ten thousand questions
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Because it basically consists in going as fast as possible in a game that requires patience and precision. For docking or for landing in particular, it's very easy to break something because you're trying to do it so fast. For this reason it took many tries, and the whole journey took more than 30 minutes, so that means I had to spend hours on it. Not mentionning that I had to plan the trip first.
That kinda sounds painful now actually. Especially with the fact you have to go around the entire solar system aswell