Would SFS run on an amazon Kindle Fire HD8?

I’m going to buy a kindle fire 8 so I can get into bp editing. It has 1.5 gb of RAM, do you think that SFS would run well? Even with blueprint edits?

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I'm not an expert, but I read a review about the kindle fire HD8, and it's basically a low-cost device. It will run on it, but you'll probably experience some lags.

I'm not an expert, but I read a review about the kindle fire HD8, and it's basically a low-cost device. It will run on it, but you'll probably experience some lags.
Yeah, it’s a budget Tablet, which is why I’m buying it, but I’m buying it just for SFS, my phone now (iPhone XR) has I believe about 2 gb of RAM. And only in the rarest of occasions do I get lag.

Tony

Registered
New games now demand more internal RAM memory. They are more complex to start. To start it must be fully loaded into the phone's RAM. Nothing to do with the external memory sd.

New games now demand more internal RAM memory. They are more complex to start. To start it must be fully loaded into the phone's RAM. Nothing to do with the external memory sd.
People have said that it can run some high-demanding games, so I think I’m going to buy it, and test it out, it’s right now the best budget tablet out there...

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I would say yes (assuming you could find it in the store) but it wouldn't be very smooth. You would be limited to pretty basic stuff (no extravagant stations or anything of the sort). Lag would probably be pretty common.

I would say yes (assuming you could find it in the store) but it wouldn't be very smooth. You would be limited to pretty basic stuff (no extravagant stations or anything of the sort). Lag would probably be pretty common.
Well, I was playing on my old iPad, and it only has 1gb of RAM. And I didn’t experience a lot of lag. It was surprising, but it wasn’t laggy.

Anikta

Man on the Moon
Registered
I’m going to buy a kindle fire 8 so I can get into bp editing. It has 1.5 gb of RAM, do you think that SFS would run well? Even with blueprint edits?
I bet as soon as 1.5 comes out you won't even be able to play it, but by then you will probably have a new device to play it on

I bet as soon as 1.5 comes out you won't even be able to play it, but by then you will probably have a new device to play it on
I actually have been playing it on my kindle. The experience isn't the greatest, but it works, I can't run super large builds, and sometimes when you crash it gets laggy, but other than that, it's not bad. For anyone who is on a SUPER low budget, I would get the kindle fire hd8, or if you can, the hd10.

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
I actually have been playing it on my kindle. The experience isn't the greatest, but it works, I can't run super large builds, and sometimes when you crash it gets laggy, but other than that, it's not bad. For anyone who is on a SUPER low budget, I would get the kindle fire hd8, or if you can, the hd10.
Honestly I feel like with all of the code being rewritten the game might be better optimized as a result.

Well, I was playing on my old iPad, and it only has 1gb of RAM. And I didn’t experience a lot of lag. It was surprising, but it wasn’t laggy.
iOS has better RAM optimisation than android, so that apple devices don't require much ram. What we really need to be talking about is the cpu. I'm pretty sure it's some Mediatek P series chip. Not the best, but you can get by on most games. My brother has the exact same Kindle model, and when I build stuff for him and then test it (he's 8, he doesn't know shit about TWR) I do experience some fos drops, whith an average of around 30 fps. As long as you're good at SFS and don't crash your rockets, you should be good