Solved Wrong Staging

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I don't know why this happens, but from a few Days ago, everytime I want to detach an empty Stage, when I hit the separator, It gives me the empty Stage, not the upper I want to control...

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
That can also apply when you assemble a ship with docking ports: the game tend to prioritize control on the last part you docked with. Even if you have no control device on this part.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
I have no control unit on the empty Stage.
That can also apply when you assemble a ship with docking ports: the game tend to prioritize control on the last part you docked with. Even if you have no control device on this part.
Always put the payload last
Yes I do that. Always dock last the last Stage I want to control. And in the construction panel I put the control unit of the last Stage at the end.. but it keeps happening

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I have no control unit on the empty Stage.

Yes I do that. Always dock last the last Stage I want to control. And in the construction panel I put the control unit of the last Stage at the end.. but it keeps happening
Strange... It's possible that the game prioritizes control on an uncontrollable part. That happens when you dock that part to the rest of your ship, and then you detach the drone that made the assembly. There's no more control device on that part, but unless you add something else, the game will still give you control on that part on separation.

When you attached the last part, which part were you controlling for docking? The payload, or the rest of the ship?

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Strange... It's possible that the game prioritizes control on an uncontrollable part. That happens when you dock that part to the rest of your ship, and then you detach the drone that made the assembly. There's no more control device on that part, but unless you add something else, the game will still give you control on that part on separation.

When you attached the last part, which part were you controlling for docking? The payload, or the rest of the ship?
In fact the ship that made me open this thread does not require any tipe of assembly. Its my Venera Express. And I lost a mission because of this glitch: durin the Venus liftoff, when I detached the landing legs, it gave me control of the landing legs, not the climbing ship... Other Blueprints have this problem too....

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
In fact the ship that made me open this thread does not require any tipe of assembly. Its my Venera Express. And I lost a mission because of this glitch: durin the Venus liftoff, when I detached the landing legs, it gave me control of the landing legs, not the climbing ship... Other Blueprints have this problem too....
Ouch... The game already gave me control on the empty first stage, but on the landing legs... o_O
Could you show the blueprint? Maybe I'll have an idea... You can DM me if it's "confidential". Don't worry I won't steal it, I already have a Venus explorer ;)

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Ouch... The game already gave me control on the empty first stage, but on the landing legs... o_O
Could you show the blueprint? Maybe I'll have an idea... You can DM me if it's "confidential". Don't worry I won't steal it, I already have a Venus explorer ;)
Haha, no Its okay. I'll post it here, Its not like the Space Stig is going to need a craft from the Lunatic Dragon ;)

Attachments

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Oops, sorry, I forgot about that post.
I've found the problem, I've made a fixed blueprint for you.

This occurs because you have a capsule, but also a probe on your first stage. The problem is that the probe was the main device. So when you separate the first stage, you keep this one under control. But for the second stage, the game will tend to prioritize the part that was connected with the separator :eek:
That's most likely a bug, but we have to do with it.

I just made sure that your main controlling device would be the capsule. That way, you won't have that problem again.

In terms of priority, the main controlling unit will be the first placed. Moving a controlling unit will place it at the last place in the order of priority.
So if you want to make sure that a controlling unit is the main one, move all the others, and put them in place again. The only one untouched will be the controlling unit.

Attachments

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend

This occurs because you have a capsule, but also a probe on your first stage. The problem is that the probe was the main device. So when you separate the first stage, you keep this one under control. But for the second stage, the game will tend to prioritize the part that was connected with the separator :eek:

I just made sure that your main controlling device would be the capsule. That way, you won't have that problem again.

In terms of priority, the main controlling unit will be the first placed. Moving a controlling unit will place it at the last place in the order of priority.
So if you want to make sure that a controlling unit is the main one, move all the others, and put them in place again. The only one untouched will be the controlling unit.
Wow, Thank you So much Altaïr. I understand the problem. I can't download it right now, but as soon as I can I will :)

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Wow, Thank you So much Altaïr. I understand the problem. I can't download it right now, but as soon as I can I will :)
You're welcome :)
I'll tag that thread as "solved", but feel free to ask if there's a problem again, I'll just reopen it.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend

Okay, I'm having trouble with a Spacecraft again. I did exactly what you told me, and still doesn't work. I cannot change the controlling unit from the first Stage to the capsule.

Curiosly, Its another Express spacecraft again, do you think you can help me again?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Ah, it depends. I've already had a problem like that, and apparently it happens when procedural parts are involved. If moving a probe or a capsule resizes a fuel tank, this tends to mess with the priority order too.
Seriously we really need 1.5... o_O
Could you show me a screenshot or send me the blueprint please?

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Ah, it depends. I've already had a problem like that, and apparently it happens when procedural parts are involved. If moving a probe or a capsule resizes a fuel tank, this tends to mess with the priority order too.
Seriously we really need 1.5... o_O
Could you show me a screenshot or send me the blueprint please?
Okay, thanks, I'm gonna send you the .bp in private this time. I 've worked a lot on that ship and I'm not ready to reveal it to the world... Yet.