XK-Class Kolibri Engine (not a mod it is a idea for developers to make)

What is my purpose?

Modder
Man on the Moon
Registered
its still great.
also it would have less ISP
also the valiant engine has 40t
XK-Class Kolibri Engine would have 30t
it would be a good 2nd stage engine

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
its still great.
also it would have less ISP
also the valiant engine has 40t
XK-Class Kolibri Engine would have 30t
it would be a good 2nd stage engine
In short it would have less thrust and less Isp than a Valiant engine, so I don't see how it would make a good second stage engine. With those characteristics I would always prefer a Valiant for that job.

the kolibri engine is clearly not appreciated enough!
Totally true but...

This engine is small, but terrible.
Totally wrong!

The kolibri is actually a very good engine, it's often the best choice for small ships. It's not popular because of its low thrust and average Isp, but people totally miss that it's also very light. A Valiant weighs as much as 4 Kolibris.
It's not appreciated, but the problem is not the engine.

XenonSpace

ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Registered
PLEASE JUST D O I T N O W !
also i meant 1.5X
22.5t engine would be a lander engine for bigger rockets. or just a 2nd stage engine
I mean, like, you could just shrink it, at least the y axis value is 0.75. Stack two of them in one place, then turn off heat damage. The result is pretty much that image, without the teal-colored things there.

And judging by your username, this should be easy to do it yourself.

It's all about FAMILY

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
dude do you know how to mod?
i just want a kolibri engine with 4 things and 1.5x thrust.
I'm not a modder, but this is something you can't demand. Maybe if you can't find a willing, capable modder, you could perhaps learn to do it yourself? instead of going off on any person you come across.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
there should be 4 of them
not 2!
No, he is correct. What he proposes is to clip 2 engines stretched by a factor 0.75 (ok, shrinked in fact :p). Thrust would be multiplied by 0.75, so 2 of them would make 1.5 times the original thrust, so exactly 22.5 tons.

Well, hello there Mr. Demanding!
I'm not a modder, but this is something you can't demand.
He has the right to ask. Freedom of speech. I support the suggestion that he could learn modding but if you don't help him please at least don't deny him the right to ask.

It's all about FAMILY

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
No, he is correct. What he proposes is to clip 2 engines stretched by a factor 0.75 (ok, shrinked in fact :p). Thrust would be multiplied by 0.75, so 2 of them would make 1.5 times the original thrust, so exactly 22.5 tons.

He has the right to ask. Freedom of speech. I support the suggestion that he could learn modding but if you don't help him please at least don't deny him the right to ask.
I was more addressing the attitude taken than the question asked :) Tantrums aren't cool.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
4 METAL THINGS
NOT ENGINES!
Calm down. I suggest you read rule 11.
Forum Rules
Between a combination of things, your behaviour is often not good.

It sounds as though you're not quite managing to say what you mean. In which case you should calmly think about it some more, and try to clarify. Otherwise, don't post.