Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered

Space pilot

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Btw I'm trying to build flat surface in right side of launch pad. There I can land space shuttles and take off jets/ aeroplanes.
Heightmap file is available. :)

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Btw I'm trying to build flat surface in right side of launch pad. There I can land space shuttles and take off jets/ aeroplanes.
Heightmap file is available. :)
I am waiting

T

The Dark in the Light

Just wanna make sure, do any of the planet sizes change except for the Sun?

G

Ghost220819

I'm having trouble with creating my own solar system/planet pack. First I copy the Example folder and rename it, then delete all the files in planet data except for Earth, Sun and Phobos (Phobos' parent object is switched to Earth in place of Mars).
Screenshot_20210911-131005_DroidEdit Free.jpg

Screenshot_20210911-131007_DroidEdit Free.jpg

But it appears that the file for Phobos is cut off, and when I try to load the pack ingame this happens:
Screenshot_20210911-131439_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Also, here are the import settings.
Screenshot_20210911-131036_DroidEdit Free.jpg

Could I get some help?

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Hmmm. It appears that the game can't find the parent body of Phobos. Double check what Phobos is supposed to be orbiting.

G

Ghost220819

The parent body has switched from Earth back to Mars, and the file appears to be cut off.
Screenshot_20210911-134723_File Manager.jpg
Screenshot_20210911-134729_DroidEdit Free.jpg
Screenshot_20210911-134735_DroidEdit Free.jpg

Right where it says Curve4, there should be more than that.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Well, I think I see the problem. Phobos is supposed to be orbiting Mars, but there is no Mars.

If you want an asteroid like Phobos orbiting Earth, how about if you save it as a different body, and not as Phobos.

G

Ghost220819

Well, I think I see the problem. Phobos is supposed to be orbiting Mars, but there is no Mars.

If you want an asteroid like Phobos orbiting Earth, how about if you save it as a different body, and not as Phobos.
Still doesn't work...
Screenshot_20210911-171330_File Manager.jpg
Screenshot_20210911-171311_DroidEdit Free.jpg
Screenshot_20210911-171406_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
I think i can see the issue. The file formatting is messed up, with an example being the "Surface Layer-Shadow" parameter group being outside the intended area. Could you send the planet file itself, so i can make further analysis and try fixing it?

G

Ghost220819

I think i can see the issue. The file formatting is messed up, with an example being the "Surface Layer-Shadow" parameter group being outside the intended area. Could you send the planet file itself, so i can make further analysis and try fixing it?
Sure! I'll go grab it.

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
That's odd, most of the file just fixed itself? I'd guess from the screenshot that you forgot to save some changes before the upload. There's a golden rule in planet editing that says that you should always save your planet files after every change, so no modifications are lost.

Anyway, here's a (somewhat self-) fixed version. I personally didnt find the issues shown in the screenshots...

Attachments