Planet editing under 1.5

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Please help me with one question.

Would it work if i do something like this. For example, we have some custom solar system, which works fine. I want to add some new celestial body (NCB), which is totally invisible, no textures at all, and acts like "center of the galaxy".

Then we can simply add to the Sun data file, that NCB is parent of the Sun. And make no other changes to initial full custom world with complete Solar system.

Then we take some other custom game world, which represents another star system, for example Alpha and Proxima Centauri with planets, and add to data file of each star, that this star also has parent with NCB name.

Then we simply mix all custom world files together in one "new" custom world, which connects two totally different custom worlds via this NCB.

Will that work? If no, what should be changed to make it work? If yes, how many other custom worlds we can unite in one mixed "galaxy" in this way?

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Please help me with one question.

Would it work if i do something like this. For example, we have some custom solar system, which works fine. I want to add some new celestial body (NCB), which is totally invisible, no textures at all, and acts like "center of the galaxy".

Then we can simply add to the Sun data file, that NCB is parent of the Sun. And make no other changes to initial full custom world with complete Solar system.

Then we take some other custom game world, which represents another star system, for example Alpha and Proxima Centauri with planets, and add to data file of each star, that this star also has parent with NCB name.

Then we simply mix all custom world files together in one "new" custom world, which connects two totally different custom worlds via this NCB.

Will that work? If no, what should be changed to make it work? If yes, how many other custom worlds we can unite in one mixed "galaxy" in this way?
That would most likely work yes, I don't see why not. The only thing I'm not sure about is if it's possible to make a totally invisible body, but I suppose this is not such a big issue. If you pretend it's a supermassive black hole with a dark texture I suppose it will be probably fine too.

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
That would most likely work yes, I don't see why not. The only thing I'm not sure about is if it's possible to make a totally invisible body, but I suppose this is not such a big issue. If you pretend it's a supermassive black hole with a dark texture I suppose it will be probably fine too.
It can be made invisible in map view, in normal view closest thing is a completely black texture