Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Very likely. Anything that'll twat the turret from a Royal Tiger is likely to make a mess of whoever is inside as well.

That doesn't look quite right though. I'm not an expert but it doesn't look real, like there's no fire damage, no impact holes, the turret shape looks off slightly.
I dunno.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
That doesn't look quite right though. I'm not an expert but it doesn't look real, like there's no fire damage, no impact holes, the turret shape looks off slightly.
I dunno.
I think you're on to something.
It's weird to say this, but the damage looks too clean. That turret looks like it just popped out and you could pop it back into its socket with a crane.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I think you're on to something.
It's weird to say this, but the damage looks too clean. That turret looks like it just popped out and you could pop it back into its socket with a crane.
There's no equipment either. No turret basket for example.

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
I used to think the TIE Crawler was weird and impractical and was something they made to look cool cuz it has no turret and the side was unprotected
IMG_1429.JPG

But then looking at the StuG and the Archer, I realized the real world has weird stuff too
IMG_1430.JPG
IMG_1431.JPG

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I know basically nothing about tanks, but this cool video popped up in my subscription feed earlier today and I figured you guys would like it:

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
Omigod... Imagine the mechanical stress between the track "wings" and the cockpit.
Nah, these tanks were made out of fancy space metal and probably were built by an interplanetary company. Not someone who spends hours making 1 out of paper for fun

wait

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
I'm bored so I think it would be cool if I make a modern version of an old tank (model, of course). Let's make the Crusader Mk IV, an IFV based on the WW2 era Crusader Mk III. It will have an auto cannon that will replace the 6-pounder, better armor, a more powerful and reliable engine so it won't breakdown as many time as the old tank,...
Any idea?

T

The Dark in the Light

I'm bored so I think it would be cool if I make a modern version of an old tank (model, of course). Let's make the Crusader Mk IV, an IFV based on the WW2 era Crusader Mk III. It will have an auto cannon that will replace the 6-pounder, better armor, a more powerful and reliable engine so it won't breakdown as many time as the old tank,...
Any idea?
I think we should keep the 6-pounder and maybe add a flame thrower, cos why not?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Any idea?
Yeah, this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_(tank)

Ticks all the boxes except the autcannon.

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
Yeah, this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_(tank)

Ticks all the boxes except the autcannon.
Ah, I forgot about it. Very cool tank

I think we should keep the 6-pounder and maybe add a flame thrower, cos why not?
Auto cannon shooting AP and HE would be ideal for fighting against infantry cus you have higher fire rate. I heard that the 6-pounder couldn't fight infantry effectively so it was used for fighting tanks

T

The Dark in the Light

Ah, I forgot about it. Very cool tank

Auto cannon shooting AP and HE would be ideal for fighting against infantry cus you have higher fire rate. I heard that the 6-pounder couldn't fight infantry effectively so it was used for fighting tanks
Maybe add an MG then. The MG and flamethrower would be for anti infantry and the 6-pounder for fighting against tanks. Oh, and maybe add a side skirt to protect the tracks too.

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
Maybe add an MG then. The MG and flamethrower would be for anti infantry and the 6-pounder for fighting against tanks. Oh, and maybe add a side skirt to protect the tracks too.
The old Crusader already had MG and skirts. Beside, the 6-pounder is an old gun, there're better guns with better penetration and performance.
I'm thinking of putting a commander's cupolar or something like that, ATGM, fancy radar, increasing the size of the turret and put spaced armour like the one on the Leopard 2A5, that fancy thing on the Abrams that shoot down incoming projectiles,...
This is gonna be the best (impractical) thing ever