Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
So I can't trust Reddit anymore :|
Always check the sources. Hitting a tank with naval gunfire isn't rare (I've seen pictures of Tigers knocked on their side from battleship bombardments) but there is a distinct lack of damage to the surroundings that you would associate with a direct hit from a nearly 2,000lb HE shell. There would at least be a crater.

Auto cannon shooting AP and HE would be ideal for fighting against infantry cus you have higher fire rate. I heard that the 6-pounder couldn't fight infantry effectively so it was used for fighting tanks
Yeah. Killing infantry with tank guns essentially requires maximum delivery of high explosives. Either by using really large calibre shells (like Sturmtigers), or firing lots and lots and lots of shells very quickly (smaller weapons like the 25mm bushmaster gun on the Bradley).
The 6pdr could do neither.

What you need is something like this, an ARES 75mm or the M10 75mm autocannon, basically a semi-auto Sherman main gun, they attempted to fit to an aircraft at the end of WWII.

I'm thinking of putting a commander's cupolar or something like that, ATGM, fancy radar, increasing the size of the turret and put spaced armour like the one on the Leopard 2A5, that fancy thing on the Abrams that shoot down incoming projectiles,...
This is gonna be the best (impractical) thing ever
I'm not sure about radar on a tank, but most of that is already a thing somewhere. A lot of smaller IFV/APC used some kind of additionally fitted ATGW system nailed to the side of the turret (like the box on the Bradley).
Before you do these though, I'd ask about if it needs such a thing. Like the spaced armour on the Leopard helps against certain ammunition types and is a hindrance for others.
Making the turret bigger adds weight and profile size which makes an easier target.

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
What you need is something like this, an ARES 75mm or the M10 75mm autocannon, basically a semi-auto Sherman main gun, they attempted to fit to an aircraft at the end of WWII.
wow
"The 75 mm APFSDS-T round is designated the XM885 and has armour penetration characteristics equivalent to the 105 mm APFSDS M774"
That means over 300 mm of penetration.
What about the recoil?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
wow
"The 75 mm APFSDS-T round is designated the XM885 and has armour penetration characteristics equivalent to the 105 mm APFSDS M774"
That means over 300 mm of penetration.
What about the recoil?
Be equivalent to any other 75mm gun I'd think. The turret doesn't look that substantial like it's needing to absorb 105mm-esque recoil forces

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
but what about putting it on a Crusader turret? Should I make a different turret for the gun?
Depends on the size of the breech and autoloader mechanism compared to what it was fitted with initially. It'll certainly be larger, so you may need a larger turret

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
Depends on the size of the breech and autoloader mechanism compared to what it was fitted with initially. It'll certainly be larger, so you may need a larger turret
I think I'll keep the old turret (maybe make it looks cool) and put the M242 auto cannon on it instead

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
Runaway gun. That'll be a problem with the trigger sear.
Must be this
The gun's original design was as a water-cooled machine gun (see the M1917 Browning machine gun). When it was decided to try to lighten the gun and make it air-cooled, its design as a closed bolt weapon created a potentially dangerous situation. If the gun was very hot from prolonged firing, the cartridge ready to be fired could be resting in a red-hot barrel, causing the propellant in the cartridge to heat up to the point that it would ignite and fire the cartridge on its own (a cook-off). With each further shot heating the barrel even more, the gun would continue to fire uncontrollably until the ammunition ran out, since depressing the trigger was not what was causing the gun to fire. Gunners were taught to cock the gun with the palm facing up, so that in the event of a cook-off, their thumb would not be dislocated by the charging handle. Gunners were trained to manage the barrel heat by firing in controlled bursts of three to five rounds, to delay heating. Most other machine gun designs were fired in the same way, even though most featured quick-change barrels and an open bolt, two features that make air-cooled machine guns capable of sustained fire, and features that the M1919 design lacked.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Oooh yes, my mistake. I forgot browning guns are closed bolt guns, that's a cook-off runaway. A broken sear wouldn't matter to them.
Broken sears cause runaways on open bolt guns like FN MAGs etc and a cook-off tends to happen with just one round.

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
ive sat in a tank before im in army cadets and they let us sit in army vehicles on camp in 2019 my faviorte was the british army land rover defender 110