Recent content by Bored Engineer

1. Bored Engineer

US carrier to Spanish radio conversation

LMFAO this "clip" is a urban legend/joke that's been around for such a long time bud.. Also, US Naval vessels wouldn't have much of an issue positively identifying a lighthouse / landmass. That is not even taking into consideration the radar/sonar arrays, RLGN/GPS, seabed mapping, or old...
  2. Bored Engineer

Anybody else play No Mans Sky? - I've been working on themed system - Jurassic World (build in progress)

Anybody else play NMS? Always looking to add folks to the builders group: Current project: Jurassic World Status: maybe 25% done Working a massive multi base theme park full of dino like critters and time share cabins ;-). To do... all the detail work. Water park w/submarines, drive through...
  3. Bored Engineer

kat

4. Bored Engineer

Not going to defend the CC in any way and personally look forward to the elections. Both sides have their twisted ass pros/cons depending on your own preferences. Can we shut this thread down yet?
  5. Bored Engineer

Yo, I've lived and traveled the world over... Allow me to redline your statement, "That just shows how stupid some Americans humans can be"
  6. Bored Engineer

Memes

Another meme for the other side of the fence.
  7. Bored Engineer

Memes

8. Bored Engineer

Memes

9. Bored Engineer

Working SpaceX style booster landing system (Updated design and landing instructions)

It all makes sense on paper! Excited and pulling for it all to pan out.
  10. Bored Engineer

Working a SpaceX booster landing system... Thoughts so far?

Okay so I canned this design and updated it yesterday. Here is the new BP post: Working SpaceX style booster landing system (Updated design and landing instructions)
  11. Bored Engineer

Working a SpaceX booster landing system... Thoughts so far?

That does not look like the right BP. I will investigate what happened.
  12. Bored Engineer

Memes

I know right! I play NMS with a russian guy and he jokes on his country all the time. He says they have shit roads, building, public services but have an almost unlimited supply of booze, potatoes, processed meat, and access to high speed internet so he can watch 4k XXX.
  13. Bored Engineer

Working SpaceX style booster landing system (Updated design and landing instructions)

lol its a good design and it works thus far. I wonder if Elon's comment about getting 100 launches out of a boosters is reasonable while maintain a low operation cost. I get the basics that the cost saving will come down range as the launch cadence picks up and they have more boosters in rotation.