Recent content by HDavy

1. HDavy

Post your Space Stations!

This is a simple space station I made a little while ago. The right part is Shenzhou 8 docked to Tiangong 1 (left). Tiangong was too heavy for the Long March launch vehicle I had to drain its fuel tank before liftoff. This required an infrastructure holding the rocket on the launch pad. It was...
  2. HDavy

Post your Space Stations!

Well hello and welcome ! It's a nice and clean space station right there :) Is it orbiting the earth or moon?
  3. HDavy

Moon!

The almighty Goto! I'm so jealous now :p!
  4. HDavy

Moon!

You'll also be able to shoot the ISS! This is the best one a got so far Camera: Canon EOS 1200d Telescope: 700mm achromatic refractor Next attempt will be with the 114/900 newtonian! I look forward to seeing what you'll shoot with your new bad boy :)
  5. HDavy

Moon!

I used rubber bands to attach the phone tightly then used a tripod with the binos adapter. And of course timer isn't an option!
  6. HDavy

Moon!

It wasn't a telescope but binoculars! A good old 20x60 Tento (made in USSR)
  7. HDavy

Moon!

Here it is M42 with a cheap Android phone
  8. HDavy

Moon!

My baby is a Newtonian as well :) Phones and tablets are surprisingly good for bright sky objects though. In fact I used a cheap phone to shoot M42 and the result blew my mind!
  9. HDavy

Moon!

Nice shot! What kind of telescope is it? A reflector or a refractor?
  10. HDavy

Rendez-vous with bit of calculations and C language

It's more an assistant than autopilot :) And yup I've heard of that mod
  11. HDavy

Thanks! I've never seen this formula before :) Indeed it's more easy that way and more accurate!
  12. HDavy

This is my first attempt at using astrodynamics formulas to play more efficiently (especially for rendez-vous). I used to time warp for a countless number of revolutions waiting for the Soyuz to meet the ISS. It all began with the very basics like Newton' second and third laws of motion and the...
  13. HDavy

How the hell?

Another one: "The New Horizons probe fly-by the farthest object ever observed : NASA unveils the first picture of Ultima Thule" :confused:
  14. HDavy

How the hell?

Similar thing in France... "Space : New Horizons sends pictures of our Galaxy's boundaries"
  15. HDavy

Ariane 5 Dual Satellite Launch

Okay :) here's a suggestion: try to put a docking port or structural parts to maintain both halves together and hold the upper satellite, which gives you something like that: Edit: it's misclick proof!