Weird things in sfs

DioSpaghetti

Man on the Moon
Registered
Possible teleportation concept!?

The video
Essentially:
If at least two different crafts falling and timewarp (specifically NOT physics timewarp), sometimes one will get some luck in place but still gain velocity from the plane's gravity. Going back to normal speed can make it teleport retrograde however many meters up it started falling from. Switching to a different craft can help it escape the atmosphere, and this can be done indefinitely. The part enters a weird state in which it doesn't move smoothly, it will teleport across its trajectory line instead of just moving normally. Might not be relevant, but it seems that the trajectory line is almost exactly straight down, might be why it keeps disappearing and reappearing.
Trying to figure out more, what causes this, how can I easily make the teleportation height factor greater, more reliability, the like

DioSpaghetti

Man on the Moon
Registered
Kinda makes sense
Screenshot_20240508-150748.png

If you timewarp the parachute inside that cage and use rotate the wheel, you will rotate the whole thing quicker than you can with just a probe

DioSpaghetti

Man on the Moon
Registered
Possible teleportation concept!?

The video
Essentially:
If at least two different crafts falling and timewarp (specifically NOT physics timewarp), sometimes one will get some luck in place but still gain velocity from the plane's gravity. Going back to normal speed can make it teleport retrograde however many meters up it started falling from. Switching to a different craft can help it escape the atmosphere, and this can be done indefinitely. The part enters a weird state in which it doesn't move smoothly, it will teleport across its trajectory line instead of just moving normally. Might not be relevant, but it seems that the trajectory line is almost exactly straight down, might be why it keeps disappearing and reappearing.
Trying to figure out more, what causes this, how can I easily make the teleportation height factor greater, more reliability, the like
Any angular velocity at all will break it. And I've figured out how to change the height it teleports up each time you teleport, has something to do with letting it fall while timewarping, then switching to a different craft and switching back