Search results

1. Rigel

My Jovian Tour Challenge (300 + 300T Jovian Tour)

Read about this challenge, you know, a trip to all Jovian moons and back with just 2 launches, limited to 300T each. Many people said that it's doable using ion engines. Thing is, I wanted to prove it. Or, more precisely, I wanted to see what could be achieved with ion engines and a 300+300 Tons...
  2. Rigel

My June Contest submission - Mission to Mercury!

I've been working abroad for some time, so I'm sorry for being out of the forum for so long. Here's my submission for the Proficient flight. This is my spaceship. No BP edition, no clipping, no cheats. A powerful first stage with two boosters; a high eficiency second stage; and the spaceship...
  3. Rigel

Team Hawk Entry 2/3: Mission to Ganymede

This is my second entry for Team hawk: A mission to Ganymede!!! Here is my rocket. Two stages, with two boosters. On top of it, my spaceship, with a pair of solar pannels, an antenna, and a lander. More than enough to reach Jupiter: Now the launch up to Earth orbit: Ok, Now I burn my second...
  4. Rigel

The REAL Grand Tour

Simce I was a child I've felt fascinated about the Voyager Program. A trip around the four outher planets and beyond, in a 45 years long mission that's still ongoing? Wow. That's the epitome of heroic space exploration. So I want to recreate it. But it won't be easy. First of all, the Voyagers...
  5. Rigel

My Team Frontier entry 3/3: Space Station

Let's go with the third and last mission: First I launched the habitation module with a hub node and the propulsion system attached to it: Second launch, the thruss with the solar pannels and the radiators: Third, the science module, equiped with a telescope, scientific payload and some...
  6. Rigel

Question about fairings

I have a question about fairings. What difference does it make if the "detach edges" mark is active or not? I can't see any.
  7. Rigel

Team Hawk Entry 1/3: Replica Challenge (Ariane 4)

As I promised yesterday, here's my proposal for the Replica Challenge. I feel here are too many Ariane 5s and Falcon 9s replicas already, so I opted for something different: the ARIANE 4. More precisely, the Ariane 4 44L, the most powerful version of the rocket. I also chose the version with...
  8. Rigel

My Team Frontier entry 2/3: Mars mission (with my brad new Ariane 4)

The point is, I've finished my first BP edited rocket (wich I pretend to submit for the Replica Challenge): the Ariane 4. And I think the best way to try it is to accomplish the Mars Mission with it. Call me a European chauvinist! I'm not going to enter in details about the rocket itself, as I...
  9. Rigel

My Team Frontier entry 1/3: Voyager

Let's start with the Voyager Mission! Here's my rocket. I decided to stick to the old limit of 250T, as I think it's more than enough (indeed, the total mass of my rocket is 248.23T). My rocket has two side accelerators and only two stages: I prefer this configuration rather than a pile of 3 or...
  10. Rigel

My IRIS pack entry for Team Titan

Hi everyone! Let me introduce myself to this forum with my Moon mission. I've done it in IRIS pack, just to make things a little bit more interesting... If you ever played IRIS pack, you will know how hard it is to lift even a small payload to orbit. So this is the rocket I'll have touse. Kinda...