AEP

Should I make an AEP/New Horizons BASP addon for the Saturn C-5N?

• Yes, NTR lunar rockets are awesome

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • No, I don't like to have fun

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Yea that would be sick
Another cool crossover between mods
Yeah, having fun with it already :D
For what I thought would be the easiest engine on this list, it is awfully poorly documented. According to Astronautica, the S-5N used the NERVA 1, which from what I can tell is the same as the NERVA XE-Prime. That makes sense timewise, too. The issue is that the best reference photos I can find for it are the following:
th-705086974.jpg
nerva5TB.jpg
sat5n61.jpg
th-4094550952.jpg
znerva.jpg
th-1769017416.jpg

This is the best I have right now, it's a photo of the BDB XE-Prime:
Screenshot_20240407_121715_Chrome.jpg

This would be a good reference, but it's an actual photo of a reference.
Screenshot_20240407_121841_DuckDuckGo.jpg
There's also the Saturn V NTR upper stage here, but that's basically just the S-IVB with a skirt extension:
35817027334_37e5935401_c-595306514.jpg
I'm really suprised that I can find blueprints for the NERVA RNS and not the XE. You'd think there'd be something, but I can't find it. I doubt it's still classified, but still, it's really weird.

MonkeSpaceflight

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Yea, odd
Well at least you have some scale to work with
Btw once I finish my PC I'm planning on doing some Cold War era Soviet rockets, like BR-Apollo and Mac's mod. There's not really any mods for that side of the space race.
I can barely run unity on my current setup :confused:

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Yea, odd
Well at least you have some scale to work with
Btw once I finish my PC I'm planning on doing some Cold War era Soviet rockets, like BR-Apollo and Mac's mod. There's not really any mods for that side of the space race.
I can barely run unity on my current setup :confused:
I'm planning to at least do the engines for the Soviet side. I might do the N-1 and N-2, but probably not ALL the Soviet rockets. I at least want to do the soviet spacecraft. A bit more BOT for this thread, I'm planning to add some Soviet nuclear engines to AEP.
OUR PC?
Soviet national anthem begins to play

MonkeSpaceflight

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
lol
I'm planning on the Proton-K (And maybe M) Vostok, Molniya, and Soyuz with most of the configurations. (Ambitious, I know.)
LK Lander, N-1 maybe if I still have my sanity. Maybe even future concepts like their moon base.
I'm gonna start with Proton, then Soyuz, then go back and do Vostok and Molniya if possible.

Then any of our comrades on the forum could pretty much do the whole Space Race in SFS.

Last edited:

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
AEP 1.2.3 is out, as with most of my recent releases it's just a basic visual upgrade. Do not fret, the NERVA 1 and LH2 S-IVB are coming Soon™, as well as a blueprint for the Reusable Nuclear Shuttle. On a similar note, if anyone feels the need to contact me I'm fairly active on this server.

Last edited:

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Update: the Unity modding tool is more or less broken for me, so I'm taking a bit of a break from modding. Someone else is working on some cool stuff, like a magnetic mirror fusion engine and an open cycle gas core NTR, so keep an eye out for that. Will resume work on AEP when I get the modding tool working again.