Aetheria - Planet Pack by Etherian Space Program | Development Thread

Should Earth be located in 1 of the gas giant's SOI or roughly where it is originall?

• No, keep it close to where it is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T

The Dark in the Light

Since I'm going back to working on my planet pack I've decided a development thread would be a good idea, so people can see how the pack is turning out. Now 1 picture of the system so far. There isn't much yet as I only started working again 30 minutes ago.
Screenshot_2020-01-14-00-20-46.png

T

The Dark in the Light

Now here's rough copy of my notes, more will be added and changed over the course of development
Screenshot_2020-01-14-00-53-41.png

T

The Dark in the Light

Ok, THESE should be the final notes. Also, which kind of star do you think I should have out of the 3 in the notes?
Screenshot_2020-01-15-13-38-29.png

I had a minor problem with the asteroids, but it was fixed. Here are the first 3:
Screenshot_2020-01-15-14-18-39.png

I plan to build the system in the order I've listed in my notes, though those asteroids and gas giant just sorta became what I've built first.

T

The Dark in the Light

Ima explora now! Wooooooooo!!!!! Lol. Seriously though, looks very promising.
Thanks! I hope this gets better as its developed, and I'm sure with time I'll get better as well. Today I haven't added anything else yet, but work will still happen. I'd like to say me deadline for this pack to be finished is spring break. It'll give me time to work and still play other games like World of Tanks.

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Aetheria = Fluffy puffy poodles confirmed

T

The Dark in the Light

Update:
The inner asteroid ring is almost finished and work will be started on the inner planets shortly. Pictures will be posted in a follow up reply. Also, I think there should be something added to USFS Planet Editing in lesson 1.3: the affects of the "Phobos 1,800" and "Deimos 1,1125" numbers as well as some of the code below that part.

T

The Dark in the Light

OK, the inner asteroid ring has been finished for awhile now, I just haven't posted. Instead of working on the inner planets, I will start work on the first gas giant's moons. Also the 'Earth' planet will be one of the gas giant's moons. I'll post what I just did because I was bored and curious. Now I'm off to bed.

T

The Dark in the Light

Here is what I did: I built a rocket similar to the BFR and one of my own and decided it would be fun to see if it could get to the gas giant I currently have. The plan was simple, launch the rocket (without drag cause I'm a bit lazy) and set it on course to one of the gas giant's moons and try to aerobrake in the atmosphere to try and land. For some reason the rocket went a bit high, so the aerobrake didn't happen. Images:
S1.png

S2.png

S3.png

S4.png

Here are the pictures of the rocket:
S6.png

S5.png

Attachments