Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
If you're gonna say unrelated to a quote pish, at least make it accurate unrelated pish.

i like a10 better
cause thicc gun
Also gonna put this out there, and I have the greatest respect for the GAU-8, but the A-10 would be singularly useless against supersonic bombers and anti-ship cruise missiles.
So entirely unsure why you decided to add that into a quote about supersonic bombers and cruise missiles.

but does anyone care about f35
Its over-rated, over-priced and borderline obsolete before it's fully operational.

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
So is not going to replace the F fighters?
Eventually yes. They're heavily invested in using the f-35 for EVERYTHING. And the different f-35 A, B and C versions are almost different planes entirely. I heard that they have only 25% common parts or something like that.:rolleyes:

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
So is not going to replace the F fighters?
In my opinion in USAF service it'll be outlived by the F-15EX at least. In the USN / USMC, it'll likely need backup by F/A-18 Super Hornets for the same reason as F-22 needs F-15.
Until generation 5 becomes cheap or the main adversary, there'll always be a need for generation 4 and 4.5 backup to fill gaps in the sky.
The RAF has already designed, named and costed the replacement for the F-35 Lightning II (called Tempest).

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
And the different f-35 A, B and C versions are almost different planes entirely. I heard that they have only 25% common parts or something like that.:rolleyes:
Oh yes, each one of them is almost like an entirely unique plane. That’s because they are designed to cover most (if not all) of the roles that an land-based and sea-based fighter can do.
In my opinion in USAF service it'll be outlived by the F-15EX at least. In the USN / USMC, it'll likely need backup by F/A-18 Super Hornets for the same reason as F-22 needs F-15.
I agree on this.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
That's pretty far thinking, I thought the F-35 was supposed to be the main western fighter for 30 years...
Team Tempest | Royal Air Force

It's becoming a political and logical nightmare. For example, the engines are serviced in Turkey. Which means 2 things.
Broken engines need to be shipped from the UK to Turkey.
If turkey are being naughty and we give them a slap, they'll decide not to allow in or give back our engines, leaving the planes grounded.

And this is just one hassle with F-35.

I saw a chicken who had an idea of what he was talking about.
I laughed quite loudly at this.

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Not to mention, it's not like damage from bird strikes is a problem unique to the F-35. Basically every aircraft is vulnerable to them.

The epic chicken

Grim Reaper
Asteroid Contest Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
i wasn't talking about that one
i was talking about the one that got hit while taking off from a carrier and cam down hard on the deck
When, where?

Do something different for once, and show evidence after you make a claim.

Last edited: