Solved BFR Cargo bay tutorial?

A

andyminhho

I have a system here. The problem is when you get it in space. And I wanna know how to put it in a faring

The first design is ready, it doesn't dock with the main ship since it will be a ramp, and we want it to slant, not perpendicular. it can be deployed and closed. oh and don't worry about putting shock absorbers or manually slowing the ramp, the automated RCS system will automatically slow it's speed and safely deploy your precious cargo.

The first design is ready, it doesn't dock with the main ship since it will be a ramp, and we want it to slant, not perpendicular. it can be deployed and closed. oh and don't worry about putting shock absorbers or manually slowing the ramp, the automated RCS system will automatically slow it's speed and safely deploy your precious cargo.
Ok i take that back you do need shock absorbers, auto rcs just crashes when it closes the bottom

Alright here the first blueprint for a closable ramp, it was rushed as f*ck, so you're gonna improve by yourself. I don't care, not my problem anymore. The small little grasshopper engine is mandatory to aid with opening the ramp.
Screenshot_2018-10-05-23-20-44[1].png

Here's how to use it: This is build as a lander form, first you land this thing.
Screenshot_2018-10-05-23-11-42[1].png

Next: Feel around for the stupid engine and turn it on, then detach the fairing.
Screenshot_2018-10-05-23-16-52[1].png

Then: Detach the little docking port here, then fire the engine to force it open, cuz the docking port is a little magnetic piece of shit.
Screenshot_2018-10-05-23-17-39[1].png

Once the ramps are separated far enough , turn off the engine, turn on the rcs and let the probe core do the rest. My hands are off right now.
Screenshot_2018-10-05-23-17-55[1].png

Don't worry about destroying the leg, it's a red shirt, he was meant to be sacrificed. Now that the ramp is fully deployed...
Screenshot_2018-10-05-23-18-18[1].png

Touch the big docking port here to release the cu- I mean the payload.
Screenshot_2018-10-05-23-18-27[1].png

Get rid of the engine.
Screenshot_2018-10-05-23-18-44[1].png

Roll the payload off the ramp.
Screenshot_2018-10-05-23-19-00[1].png

Now that the payload is released, it's time to close the ramp.
Screenshot_2018-10-05-23-19-20[1].png

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
Alright here the first blueprint for a closable ramp, it was rushed as f*ck, so you're gonna improve by yourself. I don't care, not my problem anymore. The small little grasshopper engine is mandatory to aid with opening the ramp.
View attachment 7926

Here's how to use it: This is build as a lander form, first you land this thing.
View attachment 7924

Next: Feel around for the stupid engine and turn it on, then detach the fairing.
View attachment 7927

Then: Detach the little docking port here, then fire the engine to force it open, cuz the docking port is a little magnetic piece of shit.
View attachment 7928

Once the ramps are separated far enough , turn off the engine, turn on the rcs and let the probe core do the rest. My hands are off right now.
View attachment 7929

Don't worry about destroying the leg, it's a red shirt, he was meant to be sacrificed. Now that the ramp is fully deployed...
View attachment 7930

Touch the big docking port here to release the cu- I mean the payload.
View attachment 7932

Get rid of the engine.
View attachment 7933

Roll the payload off the ramp.
View attachment 7934

Now that the payload is released, it's time to close the ramp.
View attachment 7935
Honestly I don't really get the appeal of making a BFR in sfs. In KSP or SimpleRockets 2 (when it comes out, anyway), I get it. But why in SFS? There are better rockets you can make.

Ensure that the ramp's rcs is turned on.
Screenshot_2018-10-05-23-19-40[1].png

use the rcs to lift the now light ramp back to close it back with the rocket.
Screenshot_2018-10-05-23-19-50[1].png

Ensure that the ramp's port is kissing the rocket's port, they'll lock. And now you can lift off back to Earth.
Screenshot_2018-10-05-23-20-19[1].png