Solved BFR Cargo bay tutorial?

I don't get how every one says Elon is the better than Tony stark. he is not a rocket engineer, and he is not heavy duty drill designer. He's a software engineer, tony builds all his shit by himself. Elon gets engineers to do it.

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
I don't know what NASA is even doing right now, but whatever it is, it probably isn't all that interesting because the US Government decides to just give them a yearly budget of only around $18 Billion or something like that..

I don't know what NASA is even doing right now, but whatever it is, it probably isn't all that interesting because the US Government decides to just give them a yearly budget of only around $18 Billion or something like that..
Well the current administration is showing increasing interest in space travel. They are currently working on the SLS for the new moon shot program.

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
They did plan to use the SLS for constellation mars program too but that got canceled, they are prioritizing the moon.
While it is exciting that we're finally going back to the moon, I feel like it's just to compete with SpaceX. I may be wrong, but that's how I see it.

SpaceX also has plans to go to the moon, so their priority isn't just mars.
Look, they are in now way competing with SpaceX, their missions are whole hell different, SpaceX is aiming for a civilian moon flyby service, not a moon colony, and they are pushing for a Mars colony first, not a Moon colony.

NASA is going for LOP-G which is a research station to head for the moon.

By this I mean why not go the Saturn V way and split that into 2 stages.
You cannot compare two competely different projects and tell me "Hey why not go with the old one". The SLS program was to use recycled Space Shuttle parts in order to save time and money, and asking them to add a second stage to the SLS will just break the compromise, since they have done the math where the core stage itself is already enough to get above 100 km no problem with the help of the boosters as sustainers, burning until the TWR of the core stage is high enough to become self-reliant.

The Saturn V was just to design a rocket powerful enough to land men on the moon, at that time they did not have the time or money to get a highly sophisticated LH2 engine to produce enough thrust to independently lift the whole rocket past the tower without the use of sustainer LF/SF boosters.

You cannot compare two competely different projects and tell me "Hey why not go with the old one". The SLS program was to use recycled Space Shuttle parts in order to save time and money, and asking them to add a second stage to the SLS will just break the compromise, since they have done the math where the core stage itself is already enough to get above 100 km no problem with the help of the boosters as sustainers, burning until the TWR of the core stage is high enough to become self-reliant.
And the Rs-25 is efficient and powerful enough to burn all the way to near LEO without suffering much delta v loss, they could've done the Sat V with just 2 stages but that will be horribly inefficient.

Want another example other than the SLS? Look at the Ariane 5. She also uses 2 stages with the first stage running on LH2, in my book, any rocket engine that has a specific impulse greater than 275 can pull off 2 stages without suffering much loss. The F-1 can never do that as it's Isp is only 260.