Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Also, how'd it get back on the ground if it managed to get in the air? Did you throttle it down?

I'm still putting things together, but I'm running into a lot of lag, so I figured I'd take a break and show what I have assembled so far. I intend to strap on some universal rockets and turn off the cheats for launch. But somehow I'm starting to question if that's a good idea.... Lag is really getting bad and the amount of thrust this will need might just crash the game.
Screenshot_20190729-211101_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I'm still putting things together, but I'm running into a lot of lag, so I figured I'd take a break and show what I have assembled so far. I intend to strap on some universal rockets and turn off the cheats for launch. But somehow I'm starting to question if that's a good idea.... Lag is really getting bad and the amount of thrust this will need might just crash the game.
View attachment 24392
Yeah, you won't be able to launch that like that... It's a ground base? Good luck landing it, stuff is more lagging at the ground level.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
View attachment 24392
Looks like one of those hamster houses with all the tunnels and stuff.

I can still control it atm, but not if I add equal mass worth of boosters for a no cheat launch...

There's a lot of RCS thrusters that are made to be destroyed once the pieces are assembled, so that should clear up the lag as the number of objects on the screen should be cut in half.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I can still control it atm, but not if I add equal mass worth of boosters for a no cheat launch...

There's a lot of RCS thrusters that are made to be destroyed once the pieces are assembled, so that should clear up the lag as the number of objects on the screen should be cut in half.
Make the mass lower by burning off the fuel inside the towers etc.

I'd probably also go for making it modular and launching / landing it in sections

by the way I'm working on a heavy lifting launch vehicle able to launch into sun orbit. I'm calling it the Detlas V. Here's the basics:
The first stage is powered by a Big Falcon Engine (I'm on PC, no biggie) and uses frontier engines on the boosters. The boosters are comprised of 2 large fuel tanks (I don't have giant fuel tanks, because PC isn't quite there yet :/).
The second stage a Big Falcon Engine like the first stage. It is fired twice: once to get it in earth orbit, and once for SOE (Solar orbit ejection).
The third stage gets it into Sun orbit, and is powered by a Frontier Engine. Once the spacecraft is in orbit, it does a pic burn, which basically slows it down the spacecraft's orbit so that the payload (usually a space telescope) can work properly.
That's the Detlas V in a nutshell.

Successful first launch! Launched the Lowell Space Telescope (named after Percival Lowell) in one piece! After a seires of fails and gravity problems I made it into sun orbit! Have a look:
Screenshot (35).png

ALRIGHT SO
I'm also working on a lander. So far, I've had a few fails but I came really close once. (See the photos)
Screenshot (9).png

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (12).png

And I decided to rebuild it, make it more compact.
AND I DID YAY =D

T

TtTOtW

You know, the difference between the big builders and the game uninstallers is only this: the big guys never stopped building. Even stupid stuff. But at some point it just clicks... And you find yourself hurtling all of a sudden toward Alpha Centauri, when just a day before, you were unable to land on the Cheese.

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
You know, the difference between the big builders and the game uninstallers is only this: the big guys never stopped building. Even stupid stuff. But at some point it just clicks... And you find yourself hurtling all of a sudden toward Alpha Centauri, when just a day before, you were unable to land on the Cheese.
I can completely agree. When I first started playing I would build whatever random thing popped into my head, and eventually figured out how to do whatever I felt like.