Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I've gotten the issue with docking again, where the closest approach nodes are spazzing everywhere. I've fixed it before, but I don't remember how. Does anyone else?

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Oh yeah, that's right.
Last time I had this issue was 1.35, and the update to 1.4 was what fixed it.

T

TtTOtW

Just delete nonessential ships and exit the game, then backup the Persistant.qks file and all your blueprints.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Just delete nonessential ships and exit the game, then backup the Persistant.qks file and all your blueprints.
Nah, I'll backup non-essentials too, I like my Ghosts.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Alright, I made a restart, but it sidn't fix it.

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Spazzing closest approach nodes? I don't get it.
My understanding is that the closest approach always changes.
Can you please clarify it?

T

TtTOtW

It jumps around wildly, instead of being static during one orbit, and then updating after passing periapsis to start the next orbit; or for some very nearly matched orbits, it gradually moves, but nothing you can't work with.

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
The best thing to do is to continue to adjust to it, it may seem strange but it does get you there eventually

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Yeah, I know how to dock without that tool (I had to do that to get to TC with the Radiant), but it's just a pain. I was wondering if there was some way to fix it basically.

S

snoozingcat

I have also had this problem. I play on iPhone mobile and since I am new to the game it has made it nearly impossible to dock. I have not made any modifications to the game and I have not downloaded any mods. Any help you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Snoozingcat

Ps. Loving the game so far!

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I
I have also had this problem. I play on iPhone mobile and since I am new to the game it has made it nearly impossible to dock. I have not made any modifications to the game and I have not downloaded any mods. Any help you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Snoozingcat

Ps. Loving the game so far!
I've just gotten to the point where I don't even remember how to dock with the nodes, I just do it by eye.

T

TtTOtW

Hey everyone. I suddenly started having this issue. I'm on iOs. Nearest approach has worked fine for me since the start. I used to dock by making very close orbits and then time warping until the two ships were within 100 meters. Easy, but I wanted to reduce dependance on time warp so I started using the method in Altair's awesome docking tutorial.

I was doing that for a few days, when suddenly I got this jumping line issue. I tried closing the app, restarting the phone, etc. Since I'm on iOs, I don't think I can reinstall without losing all my saved blueprints. Anyone know if there's a way I can do that, or whether there may be some other solution?

I can go back to heavy time warping for docking, but I'd rather not. If the bug can't be fixed in any way, can anyone give me some guidance on how to dock with NEITHER a reliable nearest approach line, NOR a lot of time warping? I've tried to think of a method but I'm not sure it's possible.

(BTW, I know this is my first actual post but I'm a very active lurker and love being on the forum here, even though I don't post)

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Hey everyone. I suddenly started having this issue. I'm on iOs. Nearest approach has worked fine for me since the start. I used to dock by making very close orbits and then time warping until the two ships were within 100 meters. Easy, but I wanted to reduce dependance on time warp so I started using the method in Altair's awesome docking tutorial.

I was doing that for a few days, when suddenly I got this jumping line issue. I tried closing the app, restarting the phone, etc. Since I'm on iOs, I don't think I can reinstall without losing all my saved blueprints. Anyone know if there's a way I can do that, or whether there may be some other solution?

I can go back to heavy time warping for docking, but I'd rather not. If the bug can't be fixed in any way, can anyone give me some guidance on how to dock with NEITHER a reliable nearest approach line, NOR a lot of time warping? I've tried to think of a method but I'm not sure it's possible.

(BTW, I know this is my first actual post but I'm a very active lurker and love being on the forum here, even though I don't post)
Ah I’ve also been experiencing this bug. Unfortunately I have not found a solution.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your first message then :)

Actually I often have that glitch too, but in practice it's not that hurting: the line generally moves between 2 very close positions, so even in the worst case, I miss my target by something like 100 - 200 meters. It can be frustrating not to be able to adjust your closest approach more accurately, but that's far enough in practice. Manually navigating along a few hundreds meters is still quite easy after all.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered

I've had this issue for months as well... There's no way you can fix it really... It's okay though, the time warp method will really help you understand orbits better.
On the bright side, in my experience the glitch only occurs in Earth orbit.

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your first message then :)

Actually I often have that glitch too, but in practice it's not that hurting: the line generally moves between 2 very close positions, so even in the worst case, I miss my target by something like 100 - 200 meters. It can be frustrating not to be able to adjust your closest approach more accurately, but that's far enough in practice. Manually navigating along a few hundreds meters is still quite easy after all.
Unfortunately, my line goes all over the place. When I'm not burning, it swings around and won't settle anywhere. When I am burning, it jumps all over, rather than back and forth between two close spots! It's quite unusable.

I've had this issue for months as well... There's no way you can fix it really... It's okay though, the time warp method will really help you understand orbits better.
On the bright side, in my experience the glitch only occurs in Earth orbit.
I've done lots and lots of the time warp method already. Although I haven't been posting, I've been playing SFS for a few months, and reading and learning a lot here on the forum.

I was having fun doing it the other way, but I guess time warp it is. Sadly, I have the same problem around any body in the solar system, not just earth.