Dyson Sphere Challenge

ILovespace3

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I may not be a pro, but I have a challenge. You have to build a DYSON sphere around the sun. No cheating or mods. Glitches and part clipping are allowed. It has to go all the way around the sun. Please show photos or videos. This is not for the faint of heart. It may not even be possible. Good luck.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
It's been long we haven't had a Dyson sphere challenge... However if you want to challenge others you have to do it first. I wish you good luck :)

ASC

Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
It's been long we haven't had a Dyson sphere challenge... However if you want to challenge others you have to do it first. I wish you good luck :)
i atleast did it myself almost immediately after i proposed an challenge.

ASC

Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
also, this challenge you posted have an difficulty of: Impossible++, or, to be more precise, Impossible+100

ILovespace3

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Oh I'm just a beginner somebody else has to do it I just want to see if someone can do it :)

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Oh I'm just a beginner somebody else has to do it I just want to see if someone can do it :)
That's not the spirit. Experienced players won't spend countless hours just to test if your challenge is doable. It's very easy for you to set the challenge, but the others have to do the job? I'll be frank, we won't. That's why we set as a rule that players must do their own challenge first, to make sure that it's realistically doable.

However I already made a mission to send a probe in low solar orbit, you'll find it here. It needed a massive launcher and 6 hours of ion engine burn just to send a single probe. I won't do this multiple times to create a Dyson sphere, that's totally unrealistic.

ASC

Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
yes, this is why the challenge is always without submissions,
Ill give the difficulty name: the eternal+++

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
This is a video of how I will make the Dyson swarm / sphere / circle
The Sun ingame has a radius around 35000 kilometers. I let you calculate its circumference... Are you sure you want to do that?

Also, this is an object in low solar orbit:
Spaceflight Simulator_2022-12-21-22-44-10.jpg Spaceflight Simulator_2022-12-21-22-43-52.jpg
Just so you know about the speed you can expect to encounter close to the Sun.

Pizzaya

Swingin' on a Star
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
  1. Fuck ton of ∆v required
  2. Infinite build is not allowed
  3. Mercury Kraken
  4. You can barely dock to another craft because it's so bright
This challenge is not doable for probably most of everyone​

I may not be a pro, but I have a challenge. You have to build a DYSON sphere around the sun. No cheating or mods. Glitches and part clipping are allowed. It has to go all the way around the sun. Please show photos or videos. This is not for the faint of heart. It may not even be possible. Good luck.
hey does a Dyson SWARM count?

Idkgeek

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
The only possible way is if we had no drag. you could glitch stretch a strut to be ridiculously long and then use a beefy rocket to Launch it to LSOand then do this a bunch of times and join them up.