Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
The performance shown seems pretty legit to me. I gave it a try, I could escape the Solar system:
Screenshot_20200721-094857_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20200721-094904_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
That was without payload and by spending all the fuel, but it looks honest.

However that rocket can be optimized. TheStolenInvestigator you use too much engines on your first stage. Have a look:
Screenshot_20200721-100107_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
The main engine alone is enough to lift the rocket.
That's still without payload. With a payload it's barely enough, but by making a few optimizations it's easy to alleviate it. Have a look:
Screenshot_20200721-100839_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
I removed the 2 Hawk engines and the hidden fuel tanks on the first stage, and I replaced the second stage engine by a Frontier, which is way more efficient. I made the second stage longer but that's only to compensate for the hidden fuel tanks that I had to remove. And even with a payload, now the TWR is acceptable.

Now look if I run a test:
Screenshot_20200721-101534_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

That's just before separation, I left 10% of fuel in the first stage:
Screenshot_20200721-101930_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Then to orbit:
Screenshot_20200721-102151_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20200721-102205_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

And beyond:
Screenshot_20200721-102331_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
That's with a payload (37.5t), and after having left some fuel in the first stage.

If I burn the 1st stage until the end, here is what I end with:
Screenshot_20200721-103844_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

See? Much better! That rocket can still be optimized. Also, always make a try with your build, if possible with a payload at full capacity. That way you will have an accurate idea about your rocket's real capacity :)

T

TtTOtW

The performance shown seems pretty legit to me. I gave it a try, I could escape the Solar system:
View attachment 42121 View attachment 42122
That was without payload and by spending all the fuel, but it looks honest.

However that rocket can be optimized. TheStolenInvestigator you use too much engines on your first stage. Have a look:
View attachment 42125
The main engine alone is enough to lift the rocket.
That's still without payload. With a payload it's barely enough, but by making a few optimizations it's easy to alleviate it. Have a look:
View attachment 42126
I removed the 2 Hawk engines and the hidden fuel tanks on the first stage, and I replaced the second stage engine by a Frontier, which is way more efficient. I made the second stage longer but that's only to compensate for the hidden fuel tanks that I had to remove. And even with a payload, now the TWR is acceptable.

Now look if I run a test:
View attachment 42129

That's just before separation, I left 10% of fuel in the first stage:
View attachment 42130

Then to orbit:
View attachment 42131 View attachment 42132

And beyond:
View attachment 42133
That's with a payload (37.5t), and after having left some fuel in the first stage.

If I burn the 1st stage until the end, here is what I end with:
View attachment 42136

See? Much better! That rocket can still be optimized. Also, always make a try with your build, if possible with a payload at full capacity. That way you will have an accurate idea about your rocket's real capacity :)
My test was with 15t more payload and you know what a difference that makes :) yeah you never show a cargo rocket's performance unloaded. It's deceptive.

AstroThis

«★» Dronid «★» // PT
Registered
This is what your rocket does with a 50t payload.
View attachment 42095
WITHOUT reserving fuel for landing.

Imagine you still have that to consider... It may not even make LEO at that rate.

With my suggested changes the apoapsis increased by 730.2km.
That's still nowhere near Moon level.

So no, I don't know how your rocket got a payload outside Earth SOI.
Hey TtTOtW , what's that ?? It looks like a automatic rocket tester. Did you develop it ?

AstroThis

«★» Dronid «★» // PT
Registered
So you made a starship inspired by another starship ? And the original starship is named Elecron, and yours is named Elecro ?
That's quite close... If the name is like your ship, it will be very close to the original one....
Why you don't take a Virgin BP and imagine your own ? Take a piece of paper and draw a new starship of you want to do one. That's how I did my first 0g assembly space station

T

TtTOtW

Well I did StarShot... Inspired by Starship but otherwise completely different. Search "StarShot" here on the forum. You'll love it.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Personally I designed the Fish-n ship from Elon Mollusk: