Elemental Planet Pack

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
After a few hours of breaking random crap, my planet pack is finally ready to post. Here are the contents:

Glacies
Glacies.png

Glacies is an Ice Planet that can be found between Uranus and Neptune. It has a thin atmosphere and low gravity. The temperature on this planet is unknown, you'll have to send a lander to scan it.

Mirum
Mirum.png

Mirum is an Earth-like planet that sits somewhere between Mars and Jupiter. It is unknown if it is able to sustain human life on its own, but it looks like it can judging from the planet looking so much like Earth in terms of surface features. It has polar ice caps, an ocean of water and a very green surface.

Hades
Hades.png

Hades is a hellish planet with a likely toxic atmosphere, lava oceans and a burnt surface. Its orbit is closer to the sun than Mercury, so it is likely a very difficult place to land. Only the most daring venture here, and none have returned.

Black Hole

This is the very same black hole I posted a while ago, but I decided i'd throw it in here, too.

This mod is compatible with @GuHP20's Complete Solar System mod.

Please let me know what you think, and make sure to let me know of any bugs you find or feedback you may have. Enjoy!

Note: the images shown here are only the textures of the planets, not in-game screenshots as to avoid spoiling the fun of seeing for yourself what this pack has to offer.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
After a few hours of breaking random crap, my planet pack is finally ready to post. Here are the contents:

Glacies

Glacies is an Ice Planet that can be found between Uranus and Neptune. It has a thin atmosphere and low gravity. The temperature on this planet is unknown, you'll have to send a lander to scan it.

Mirum

Mirum is an Earth-like planet that sits somewhere between Mars and Jupiter. It is unknown if it is able to sustain human life on its own, but it looks like it can judging from the planet looking so much like Earth in terms of surface features. It has polar ice caps, an ocean of water and a very green surface.

Hades

Hades is a hellish planet with a likely toxic atmosphere, lava oceans and a burnt surface. Its orbit is closer to the sun than Mercury, so it is likely a very difficult place to land. Only the most daring venture here, and none have returned.

Black Hole

This is the very same black hole I posted a while ago, but I decided i'd throw it in here, too.

This mod is compatible with @GuHP20's Complete Solar System mod.

Please let me know what you think, and make sure to let me know of any bugs you find or feedback you may have. Enjoy!
that sounds awesome!

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Well, you'll only need to achieve 34,000m/s to escape the black hole.
Or 48,000m/s, depends on how you look at it.

No big deal.

Last edited:

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Well, you'll only need to achieve 34,000m/s to escape the black hole.
Or 48,000m/s, depends on how you look at it.

No big deal.
Lol, I wish you good luck :p
By the way, this is still way below the speed of light, so technically it's not a black hole.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Lol, I wish you good luck :p
By the way, this is still way below the speed of light, so technically it's not a black hole.
I was thinking that. It's also less than the Sun by a considerable margin so it'd be easier to get out of than leaving low Solar orbit.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Ha fantastic. I've always needed an excuse to head that far out

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
Okay, so the black hole already has way more gravity than the sun. According to the Sun's txt file, the gravity is 100 Gs, whereas my black hole has about 117600 Gs. Still want me to increase it?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Okay, so the black hole already has way more gravity than the sun. According to the Sun's txt file, the gravity is 100 Gs, whereas my black hole has about 117600 Gs. Still want me to increase it?
It's not so much the gravity, its the size as well. Its radius is tiny compared to even the Earth which is killing its escape velocity

Ironically, Hades was the easiest for me to get to. Mirum was a fail because I accidentally ejected my crew capsule while I was trying to turn off RCS (edit: to clarify, during descent) and it collided with the landing gear and exploded. Glacies was a fail to even get in the sphere of influence but I got back to Earth safely.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I take it you've seen the effects i've given it? ;)
Actually no, that's just the effect I would expect from a real black hole. I'll have to check that :p
Oh, just for information, I've calculated that if the Earth was compressed into a black hole, its radius would be 1 centimeter, and the gravity at its "surface" (actually at the horizon)... 4×10^18 m/s^2 :eek::eek::eek: