Escape Velocity

New to the game, my son only introduced it to me yesterday. I tried to get a rocket to take me to Venus, but when I achieved escape velocity the sim froze. Is it pay to play, or do I have to do the moon missions first?

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
New to the game, my son only introduced it to me yesterday. I tried to get a rocket to take me to Venus, but when I achieved escape velocity the sim froze. Is it pay to play, or do I have to do the moon missions first?
No, it should work. Sounds like a bug. Are you on steam or mobile?

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hello and welcome to the forum Waldus :)

I assume that you play with the free mobile version? This is most likely a bug, and of course there's no "pay to remove the bugs" logic behind. Does it happen in the same situation every time?
It's possibly a bug related to the navigation, you can eventually try to turn it off once you're on the trajectory you wish (click on your target and select "End navigation").

Don't hesitate to tell us if the bug persists, eventually send us as many informations as possible so that we can investigate.

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Perhaps you timewarped too fast, and the game couldn't register. This happens with the Vanilla Upgrades mod, if you timewap too fast, as VanillaUpgrades stops your rocket when you enter another body's SOI. But this is exiting the SOI...

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Perhaps you timewarped too fast, and the game couldn't register. This happens with the Vanilla Upgrades mod, if you timewap too fast, as VanillaUpgrades stops your rocket when you enter another body's SOI. But this is exiting the SOI...
If he's on mobile this definitely isn't caused by mods, regardless that sounds like a bug i need to fix. Mind elaborating in the VanillaUpgrades thread?

SHΔRD Aerospace

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
you seem like a very cool parent