Eternia Grand Tour

Akmaster

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hello, it's been a while.

Yes, as the title says, this is my thread for an Eternia grand tour.

It will be hard, very hard, but also will be a great challenge for me.

I have the base plan in mind, which is as such-

There will be 7 shuttles for the 7 systems.
Each shuttle will carry 15 Atmospheric landers, 15 normal landers and 15 orbiters.
Each shuttle will have 15000/ms or more ∆v.
Each shuttle will carry a mini shuttle on it just incase shit goes wrong.

The seven shuttles will be docked aboard on a Mothership, called Avalon.

There will be seven gigantic refuelling stations in place, one for each system.

Each shuttle will be atleast 200 meters tall.

Which means the Avalon would need to be atleast 2-3 km

I will start sending progress pics from today, first starting with the shuttles.

Wish me luck!

Phoenix Aerospace

Atlas
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Hello, it's been a while.

Yes, as the title says, this is my thread for an Eternia grand tour.

It will be hard, very hard, but also will be a great challenge for me.

I have the base plan in mind, which is as such-

There will be 7 shuttles for the 7 systems.
Each shuttle will carry 15 Atmospheric landers, 15 normal landers and 15 orbiters.
Each shuttle will have 15000/ms or more ∆v.
Each shuttle will carry a mini shuttle on it just incase shit goes wrong.

The seven shuttles will be docked aboard on a Mothership, called Avalon.

There will be seven gigantic refuelling stations in place, one for each system.

Each shuttle will be atleast 200 meters tall.

Which means the Avalon would need to be atleast 2-3 km

I will start sending progress pics from today, first starting with the shuttles.

Wish me luck!
good luck bro

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
You're gonna have BP edited fuel tanks right?

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I would also suggest to restart Eternia world at Realistic level of game difficulty and make all this grand tour with full sized world. I played in this world at Realistic myself and it was immensely interesting, especially reaching planets around stars, which are in orbits of other stars. But game experience becomes utterly ruined at Normal level of difficulty, since everything is very small and very near each other, like a toy universe.

More details: Eternia 1: The Game of Seven Stars (version SFS 1.5) (message #145)

Last edited:

Akmaster

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
I would also suggest to restart Eternia world at Realistic level of game difficulty and make all this grand tour with full sized world. I did it myself and it was immensely interesting, especially reaching planets around stars, which are in orbits of other stars.

More details: Eternia 1: The Game of Seven Stars (version SFS 1.5) (message #145)
What? No way you did that, and on realistic mode?
Did you use cheats? or some glitches?
make a thread for it if you have proof that you actually did this, because it is already inhumane to grand tour eternia on normal difficulty.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
What? No way you did that, and on realistic mode?
Did you use cheats? or some glitches?
make a thread for it if you have proof that you actually did this, because it is already inhumane to grand tour eternia on normal difficulty.
Sorry, i wrote my text in a wrong way.

I visited and landed on some planets in other stars in Eternia, the most harder planets to get to, just to find out how will interstellar works, i didn't visit every celestial body.

No cheats, no glitches, no parts clipping, no blueprint editing, no engines stretching, no parts editing, no infinite building area, only stright and fair game. Good navigation is needed though, because with bad navigation you will require huge amount of extra delta V needed, that is unbearable.

That is not inhuman, that only requires good navigation, to get everywhere with low delta V spent.

Akmaster

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Okay, i've made the shuttle. But now i have to optimise to insanity, which will take a while.
till then, I introduce to you, The Ethereal!

1680698929340.png

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
You can always send more fuel tankers from home planet to wherever it is needed, to support your grand tour, thus there is no problem if you took too little fuel somewhere (because it is not obvious in advance how much fuel is needed).

Generally, all ships under Normal level of difficulty need to have 3 times more of delta V (before applying game ISP bonus for realistic), to do in Realistic world the same things, which they can do in Normal world.

For example, there is this Mercury challenge for team Hawk: Team Hawk submission - Mercury mission

I made this challenge at Realistic level with ship a little heavier than 300 tons (link). So my ship for Realistic was 10 times bigger, than default version for Normal level.

Which means, that you just need to construct in orbit 10 times bigger ship for the same mission, in comparison for Normal level. That is all.

Plus there is one more bonus at Realistic level of difficulty. Since celestial bodies are much bigger and you can remain much closer to them for longer period of time - the gravity assist maneuvers at Realistic level give much more acceleration, than gravity assist maneuvers at Normal level do.

Also you can simply make grand tour of only one star system at Realistic level instead of visiting everything in toy sized world. Since even at Normal level you will spend enourmous amount of time for that entire grand tour. Thus, if you are that much invested - maybe you would like to make a more fun and satisfaction from it, so i only suggested my vision of things, what i personally like. Though i understand that my version of more fun might be very different to yours. :D

So, pick what you like more yourself! I am eager to watch your screenshots or videos anyway, whatever it will be.

Akmaster

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
You can always send more fuel tankers from home planet to wherever it is needed, to support your grand tour, thus there is no problem if you took too little fuel somewhere (because it is not obvious in advance how much fuel is needed).

Generally, all ships under Normal level of difficulty need to have 3 times more of delta V (before applying game ISP bonus for realistic), to do in Realistic world the same things, which they can do in Normal world.

For example, there is this Mercury challenge for team Hawk: Team Hawk submission - Mercury mission

I made this challenge at Realistic level with ship a little heavier than 300 tons (link). So my ship for Realistic was 10 times bigger, than default version for Normal level.

Which means, that you just need to construct in orbit 10 times bigger ship for the same mission, in comparison for Normal level. That is all.

Plus there is one more bonus at Realistic level of difficulty. Since celestial bodies are much bigger and you can remain much closer to them for longer period of time - the gravity assist maneuvers at Realistic level give much more acceleration, than gravity assist maneuvers at Normal level do.

Also you can simply make grand tour of only one star system at Realistic level instead of visiting everything in toy sized world. Since even at Normal level you will spend enourmous amount of time for that entire grand tour. Thus, if you are that much invested - maybe you would like to make a more fun and satisfaction from it, so i only suggested my vision of things, what i personally like. Though i understand that my version of more fun might be very different to yours. :D

So, pick what you like more yourself! I am eager to watch your screenshots or videos anyway, whatever it will be.
Yes, i am going to send fuel stations all across the seven systems.
And no, i am not going to do this at a limited level on realistic mode, i've already decided that.
Thank you for your suggestions, though.

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Okay, i've made the shuttle. But now i have to optimise to insanity, which will take a while.
till then, I introduce to you, The Ethereal!
Do you need help with opening and closing back shuttle hatch? There are many different compact ways to make a hinge without too much of extra weight or space used.

Akmaster

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Do you need help with opening and closing back shuttle hatch? There are many different compact ways to make a hinge without too much of extra weight or space used.
You know, I'm somewhat of a shuttle expert.
I have dedicated my entire sfs time into shuttles.

Akmaster

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
So there are changes in the main plan, that is, to send the mini-shuttles to only systems like Erganium, Djamayanti and Minerva. The Ethereal is 100% tested and can tour the whole Velkarion system all alone, if refueled in high Velkarion orbit.

I will test the shuttles on every system, with the probes, to determine the best refuelling station spots.
This is only 1/50th of the plan done, i need a month or more to prepare everything else, as i don't have much time on my hands.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

Akmaster

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
All of the 45 probes are done
Also new shi-? Also wanna now the how much lovely yeetable that thing can yeet to abyss :p
6531.61m/s of Delta V with 1 kiloton payload, I optimised it to insanity, you see.
Also, this shi- won't be yeeting to abyss, but to Conquer Eternia. :p

Akmaster

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
All of the probes are done and loaded, 15 of each, Atmospheric probes, Landing probes and Orbital probes.

They have an inbuilt yeet system, which yeets them into whatever is needed.

let me tell you how it will work-

So lets say we are in a transfer window to Azeera
1680711708821.png

We will yeet out an atmospheric probe.
1680711764535.png

Closer look at the Planetus Yeetus
1680711813961.png

And now it will enter Azeeras atmosphere, meanwhile The Ethereal will escape outside Udgard's SOI.
Weeeeee
1680712021613.png

Upper shield detached, and probe slowing down.
1680712160431.png

And boom.
1680712254874.png

This was a test run, to show how it will work.
Just like this, the lander probes will land on low/no gravity things, while the orbiter probes will orbit Gas planets and Stars.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
All of the 45 probes are done

6531.61m/s of Delta V with 1 kiloton payload, I optimised it to insanity, you see.
Also, this shi- won't be yeeting to abyss, but to Conquer Eternia. :p
Luck on that! Imma get my popcorn based gOoPs and enjoy this thread :p