Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
You better do that, this will keep you entertained for atleast a month.
Now go and dew your shi- I mean stuff for I shall sit and relax here :p

Akmaster

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Construction of the Avalon has begun!
Here is the Etherial docking port system, yes, one is missing, as it will be on the bottom.

1680785151917.png

Akmaster

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
okay.
So, to lift the Avalon segments, i need a huge ultra massive gigantic launcher.
And here it is-

Screenshot (36).png

Yes, i am using stretched titans, i am really sorry.
But do not worry, i have the correct amount of ballast on it, which is, 12000 tons. (A bit more than the actual ballast mass.)

Anyways, there will be 4 segments of the Avalon, in total, which have to be launched separately. I have 2 made and good to go right now, which i am going to fully assemble in Low Udgard orbit, along with 7 Ethereals.
Progress reports coming soon.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
okay.
So, to lift the Avalon segments, i need a huge ultra massive gigantic launcher.
And here it is-

View attachment 101555

Yes, i am using stretched titans, i am really sorry.
But do not worry, i have the correct amount of ballast on it, which is, 12000 tons. (A bit more than the actual ballast mass.)

Anyways, there will be 4 segments of the Avalon, in total, which have to be launched separately. I have 2 made and good to go right now, which i am going to fully assemble in Low Udgard orbit, along with 7 Ethereals.
Progress reports coming soon.
Doin a lightin eh? Heck there's a bit of spot light there!

Akmaster

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Looks beautiful, doesn't it?
1680877544579.png

I did manage to assemble it after 4 hours of pure pain.
But this ain't even the whole of it! There are two more segments (which i have not built yet.)
Now i will painfully(even more than before) manage to board Seven Ethereals on it. There is a problem, though, One Ethereal is almost 900 parts, so added up (average 870*7) it will be 6090, Added to the 1040 of the (only) two segments of the Avalon, it is 7130.
And that will give my potatop a heart attack along with myself.
So im gonna have to reduce the part count by almost more than half.

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
There is a problem, though, One Ethereal is almost 900 parts
Reduce em so there's no problemo

Anyways that's a thicc n big metallic can ya got there :p

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Reduce em so there's no problemo

Anyways that's a thicc n big metallic can ya got there :p
Got reduced by almost half today, but it still lagged. I suggested that he should spread the shittles apart so that they are outside of physics range and dont lag. That means 8km struts o_O

Akmaster

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
I'm gonna be honest.
I really thought this out when i accepted this challenge, I thought i would have enough time to do this, but now, i get close to no time to even open my laptop. I am really sorry, but this challenge will have to be halted for now. I promise, though, that it will be continued later on (in a month or sooner, i have holidays, then)
Again, i am very very sorry.

This does not at all mean that i am giving up, i will never give up on this challenge until i do it perfectly as i plan.

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I'm gonna be honest.
I really thought this out when i accepted this challenge, I thought i would have enough time to do this, but now, i get close to no time to even open my laptop. I am really sorry, but this challenge will have to be halted for now. I promise, though, that it will be continued later on (in a month or sooner, i have holidays, then)

This does not at all mean that i am giving up, i will never give up on this challenge until i do it perfectly as i plan.
“I’m a fighter and not a quitter!”-AK

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I'm gonna be honest.

Just take your time maybe you'll come up with more fun design shi~ while you're out. But hey it sometimes works on me, not playin and you'll get some ideas. :p

anyways that stuff isn't moved right so it's safe (unless the data erased or somethin)

¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Akmaster

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
My holidays have started, and now i am free for a month.
So now I can finally resume the grand tour. :)

I have a question, though, do I need to have all the crafts related to the tour docked together at one point? Like I have the Avalon right now, and you know it lags like absolute hell. What if i don't dock them together on a Mothership and send them their own way to their own systems? I'll still dock all the Ethereals together if needed.
Would that count as a grand tour? A pure grand tour without cheats?

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
My holidays have started, and now i am free for a month.
So now I can finally resume the grand tour. :)

I have a question, though, do I need to have all the crafts related to the tour docked together at one point? Like I have the Avalon right now, and you know it lags like absolute hell. What if i don't dock them together on a Mothership and send them their own way to their own systems? I'll still dock all the Ethereals together if needed.
Would that count as a grand tour? A pure grand tour without cheats?
Honestly, even a fleet of seperate spacecraft would be impressive given the scale of Eternia

Akmaster

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Honestly, even a fleet of seperate spacecraft would be impressive given the scale of Eternia
Alright then.
That's what I'll do, since it will help me do it much faster.

I'll start building the refuel stations, now. They should have enough to refuel an Ethereals whole tank.

Akmaster

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
The refuel station is done. Does not look like a station, but it does the job.

La Refuele Eternia
1682680364697.png

It has 50 kilotons of fuel, enough to fuel an Ethereal one and a half times. I believe it is enough.

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
The refuel station is done. Does not look like a station, but it does the job.

La Refuele Eternia
View attachment 102429

It has 50 kilotons of fuel, enough to fuel an Ethereal one and a half times. I believe it is enough.
A giant tank full of propellants orbiting a celestial body would be refuel station imo. Add two balls to sides and call it uh yes :p

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Interesting idea, I'll add the balls as fuel tankers or solar panels.
Reminds me of the huge ass balls Tt sent to a collab station one time, wasnt Altair supposed to shoot them?

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Reminds me of the huge ass balls Tt sent to a collab station one time, wasnt Altair supposed to shoot them?
Oops yeah, I still have to do that! That will be a great test for my docking/targeting system!