Solved Forum shutting down

JMteam09 (Jordi vd Molen)

Staff member
Owner
Fulltime Developer
Team Valiant
Team Kolibri
No we had powerloss a powerhouse failed 3 times within 12 hours.
After that our internet provider decided to take a dump aswell.
The first 2 powerlosses i was actively monitoring it to make sure i could be up after the second issue cleared.
When the third one hit and the internet one aswell i stopped actively monitoring.
Everytime we have a powerfail it can reset my modem meaning i have to manualy change the modems settings in order to let the forum software trough. So its very very annoying

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
The first 2 powerlosses i was actively monitoring it to make sure i could be up after the second issue cleared.
When the third one hit and the internet one aswell i stopped actively monitoring.
Everytime we have a powerfail it can reset my modem meaning i have to manualy change the modems settings in order to let the forum software trough. So its very very annoying
And I thought having my power go out for a few hours at night recently was annoying.

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Damn. Sounds like an unfortunate situation

Staff member
Owner
Fulltime Developer
Team Valiant
Team Kolibri
It doesnt happen very often tough.
the Netherlands has a pretty reliable power grid.
All i can remember from the previous time is that i didnt even own my PC when it struck.
Thats like a good 3 years back or more.
So this was kinda bad luck i guess.

Staff member
Owner
Fulltime Developer
Team Valiant
Team Kolibri
And the fact that all those events happened in a row makes it kinda rediculous.
Ziggo our internet provider reported their issue should be fixed at the same day.
They didnt update their message 1 day later so i had no clue on when it would be fixed.

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
It doesnt happen very often tough.
the Netherlands has a pretty reliable power grid.
All i can remember from the previous time is that i didnt even own my PC when it struck.
Thats like a good 3 years back or more.
So this was kinda bad luck i guess.
Lol bad luck is an understatement

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
And the fact that all those events happened in a row makes it kinda rediculous.
Ziggo our internet provider reported their issue should be fixed at the same day.
They didnt update their message 1 day later so i had no clue on when it would be fixed.
Na all internet providers say they can respond in “one” day. 99% of the time it’s a lie

Staff member
Owner
Fulltime Developer
Team Valiant
Team Kolibri
Na all internet providers say they can respond in “one” day. 99% of the time it’s a lie
Well the wierd thing is: at first it was a country-wide issue i belive. then several residential areas where reporting they had wifi. So then it swifted to a local issue. Our router had to sign into ziggo's network but it didnt allow it. So it could be they resolved the country-wide issue within a few hours but not all the local issues it left.

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
Well the wierd thing is: at first it was a country-wide issue i belive. then several residential areas where reporting they had wifi. So then it swifted to a local issue. Our router had to sign into ziggo's network but it didnt allow it. So it could be they resolved the country-wide issue within a few hours but not all the local issues it left.
Yeah that definitely sounds like the culprit of the problem

Staff member
Owner
Fulltime Developer
Team Valiant
Team Kolibri
lol sucks. i should get one of those wierd fuseboxes for blocking lightning. since all my equipment's power comes from 1 wallsocket its pretty ez to add.