Solved How to Design

T

TtTOtW

Well it skips the whole "show how you get there" part... This is supposed to be a tutorial...

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Well it skips the whole "show how you get there" part... This is supposed to be a tutorial...
Err...well......you put that thingy over the other object. Then add a billion thrusters then scrap it then start again. Then spend 5 minutes doing nothing than BOOM a helicopter

This is in response to a question by @matt_548. How does one design such nice planes, rockets, rovers, etc.? It starts with an idea. I will design a... helicopter. First thing that came to mind. Ok, so build space wise, how big do I want it? Small, so I don't have to flip it over or anything. Right. This means it is gonna be small. The thing that takes the most width alone is the propeller. So let's see...
View attachment 7693
Ok that leaves a bit of width for the tail to stick out. Let's do that next:
View attachment 7692
Not a totally unsightly affair... Ok for now. Starting the transition to the body:
View attachment 7691
And the nose bit. Ok I don't actually know how I'll get this done... Let's try a few things.
View attachment 7690
Doesn't fit...
View attachment 7689
Noooo... I can already see it not working out. Oh, well, let's just make it with structural parts, we'll find a solution later.
View attachment 7688
Ah... Much better. Now let's close it up at the bottom. An 8x1 will fit perfectly.
View attachment 7687
The foot should go...
View attachment 7686
... about there. Launch. But wait, it doesn't even have an engine? So what, I just want to see if it will fall over or not...
View attachment 7685
... Launch Anyway.
View attachment 7684 And it stands! Well. Not bad, now we have something to work with.
I will continue posting until I have a usable, decent looking helicopter in my saves.
thanks for the help with that I'm also limited to the parts you get free because i don't have the expansion but thanks again!