I don't understand how the shuttle door can work, fix me plz

AstroThis

«★» Dronid «★» // PT
Registered
Hi,

Like I said in the title, I don't understand how work a door of a shuttle SFS (doors made with fairings). I love shuttles but I just don't understand and I don't like door with some landing legs. I really want to make my own shuttle so I need to understand. The problem for me is : how can you move a half fairing ? How can I hold it to move it and dock it in the open position.
Sorry for that noob question... I need an answer, that's turn into an existential question....

Hope you have a great day/night !

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Okay, If you love shuttles, that makes two of us :).

Guess I'll make a small tutorial on shuttle doors.

T

TtTOtW

Blazer my good friend :) thank you for helping do my job while I'm down...

... This is among the beauty of both competition and sharing/teaching. A monopoly on a certain skill would leave quite a void if said expert holding its knowledge disappeared.

AstroThis

«★» Dronid «★» // PT
Registered

I just noticed that there's a Tutorial place on the forum ! Do (or does idk. Sorry english grammar) your door shuttle Tutorial will be at this place ?

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Blazer my good friend :) thank you for helping do my job while I'm down...
Haha, no problem my friend.

I just noticed that there's a Tutorial place on the forum ! Do (or does idk. Sorry english grammar) your door shuttle Tutorial will be at this place ?
Well, I made an old tutorial on 1.4 Shuttle doors. But I don't know If it works for 1.5. If that one works for you, cool.

T

TtTOtW

Shuttle City came to an end because 1.5 broke almost everything. And also because it wiped any quicksaves I had.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
A big thank you Blazer !! Thank to your tutorial, I can do a functionnal shuttle door !! I'm still developping ans testing my first shuttle ! Did the Shuttle City still are open ? If it's open, can I present my shuttle ?
You're welcome. Glad it worked for you!