I made a satellite, wanted opinions.

Today I decided to make a short range Satellite / Radar probe. I will have a picture of the blueprint and it in LEO towards the bottom of this post. It has a fairing for a dish, a small solar panel for a antenna, and two ION engines for propulsion. I designed it for LEO only, but if you wanted to you could haul a tanker next to it; reason being that the only fuel tank is the 2 by 4. If you would have any suggestions or questions, just comment. Just please, don’t be rude.
E78E87FC-F50E-4368-ADF2-C341FF0BC7D2.png
E17CE704-3191-47DD-A181-69BAF0DFEB22.png

Side note: the Astronaut capsule is empty, only there if manual control is needed, otherwise there is no human on board, just probe controlled.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Yeah, your launcher is a bit engine heavy. You could get that up with just the one frontier. Or, if you want it like that, swap the broadswords over to the core and do that way. It'd be much more efficient to orbit.

Yeah, your launcher is a bit engine heavy. You could get that up with just the one frontier. Or, if you want it like that, swap the broadswords over to the core and do that way. It'd be much more efficient to orbit.
Thanks. I would do that, except it’s very top heavy with just 2 frontiers.

Btw guys (and gals)
  1. I always have Unbreakable parts on, never know when the Kracken will strike.
  2. The infinite fuel was only on to get it to a stable orbit. After that I planned to turn it off while using that craft

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Btw guys (and gals)
  1. I always have Unbreakable parts on, never know when the Kracken will strike.
  2. The infinite fuel was only on to get it to a stable orbit. After that I planned to turn it off while using that craft
Kracken? Lol is isn’t KSP mate

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
You never know Danny, you never know........

You remember what happened to your cargo ship in your Lunar Development thread? The Kracken distracted you!
Na I was stupidly focused on another station and in my frenzy to unfocus it I warped too far and just couldn’t save it

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Swapping the broadswords with the frontiers won't make it fall over. A lil taller, yes.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
So your saying I remove the Frontiers, replace them with Broadswords, and remove the side boosters?
Nein.

Swap the broadswords with the frontiers so they're in the opposite places (frontier on boosters)

Or sack the boosters completely, put the fuel tanks from them on the core, use a single frontier and turn off the fuel cheat...

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
the open fairings and the structural parts are making it aerodynamically unstable. And as you're taking off so fast, you're hitting a hi speed at low altitude and the drag is throwing your craft over

the open fairings and the structural parts are making it aerodynamically unstable. And as you're taking off so fast, you're hitting a hi speed at low altitude and the drag is throwing your craft over
Thanks for the info. I know nothing about rocketry and aerodynamics but I know something now.

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
You never know Danny, you never know........

You remember what happened to your cargo ship in your Lunar Development thread? The Kracken distracted you!
You didn't know... You didn't know...
My shuttle once shaked liked crazy... (not earthquake)