Idea: the Solar Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Before any criticisms its just an idea not anything set in stone.

So its essentially the UN, but for the factions here. The balance of power would be fair so factions like SE would get majority votes because it is the largest. But there would be two branches the executive and the senate. The senators would be sent by their respective faction. The executive branch would be a senator elected by the other senators (no voting for yourself if you are a senator). Each faction would get a number of votes dependent on how many people are in their faction the # of votes would be the active member size ÷2. This is something that would be a effective way of clearing up some of the confusion via bills and or a constitution. (Also the whole member formula is to aleo help rule out factions with only 1 active member you could increase that number to represent how many members have to be in the faction to be represented).

Anyways this is a concept something that needs to be agreed upon by all the members of the faction community and something that will take time to be done right.

Also for shits and giggles here is a couple flag designs/emblems
fic-ufp6.gif
300px-UNSC-Navy-logo1.png

Also wars and stuff like that can still happen (just look at our world and the UN), but it wouldnt be taken lightly.(most likely sanctions would be put in place)

T

TtTOtW

Zeeray13 you know there's an old saying:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Even our arch nemesis CptGorilla declared retraction of warring intentions just this morning. And he's been offered honorary stay on Luna without terms. The Imperial rule of SE paid off in the long run. Under a dictator. Imagine... Our administration is efficient and simple. Also, we are on the horizon of system-wide changes according to our recent assessment of social conditions. So stick around. And no, this Empire does not join unions. They may operate within the SE's territory under SE laws and restrictions. Which to be fair is very lenient. Only a foolish leader would let his citizens destroy themselves through short sightedness or simplemindedness. So he restricts them for their own good. Take the forum. Remove the rules. There. The end of it has been cast in stone. Same with the Empire. We won't let things go bad, by any means necessary.

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
It's a cool idea but one thing you need to keep in mind is that the whole point of the Faction stuff is for wars. If there aren't any, then it's just boring.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Zeeray13 you know there's an old saying:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Even our arch nemesis CptGorilla declared retraction of warring intentions just this morning. And he's been offered honorary stay on Luna without terms. The Imperial rule of SE paid off in the long run. Under a dictator. Imagine... Our administration is efficient and simple. Also, we are on the horizon of system-wide changes according to our recent assessment of social conditions. So stick around. And no, this Empire does not join unions. They may operate within the SE's territory under SE laws and restrictions. Which to be fair is very lenient. Only a foolish leader would let his citizens destroy themselves through short sightedness or simplemindedness. So he restricts them for their own good. Take the forum. Remove the rules. There. The end of it has been cast in stone. Same with the Empire. We won't let things go bad, by any means necessary.
You guys then havent been doing a good job you dont have any constitution that you follow you dont have any set laws also there is things as a community that we need to figure out how does territory work in the grand scheme of things like is it just a planets SOI or is it the planets SOI projected around its Orbit is it so much pass the SOI. Thats just one example and if i thought about there is more.
It's a cool idea but one thing you need to keep in mind is that the whole point of the Faction stuff is for wars. If there aren't any, then it's just boring.
Again why is everyone saying this of course i know that you can be a member and fight in a war just look at the UN in our own world does it stop the US when it went to war no.

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
If this will be official I'll be out.
I'm convinced that joining unions will be like:
"Aye, that is against something"
Fucking UN

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
If this will be official I'll be out.
I'm convinced that joining unions will be like:
"Aye, that is against something"
Fucking UN
I think our SN would be more tolerate of war but as long as thing like orbital bombardment of civilian populations isnt taking place it would be fine

T

TtTOtW

You guys then havent been doing a good job you dont have any constitution that you follow you dont have any set laws also there is things as a community that we need to figure out how does territory work in the grand scheme of things like is it just a planets SOI or is it the planets SOI projected around its Orbit is it so much pass the SOI. Thats just one example and if i thought about there is more.

Again why is everyone saying this of course i know that you can be a member and fight in a war just look at the UN in our own world does it stop the US when it went to war no.
Why there are wars between Union countries is because all those unions are bullshitting everyone. The results betray their selfish intentions.

Don't complicate a simple matter. In fact, it is best you leave it be. Make a union, see who joins and you'll see how quickly it descends into chaos.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Also if anything my year of playing politics and e
war has taught me is peace is something, after youve fought a hard war, you beg for and want to keep that way for as long as possible.

Bananas

Mr. Nice Moderator
Registered
T

TtTOtW

Also if anything my year of playing politics and e
war has taught me is peace is something, after youve fought a hard war, you beg for and want to keep that way for as long as possible.
Just do your trade in our Empire and keep peace or rebel and face the consequences of destroying the peace. See, what you really want is not peace. You want a piece of the pie without earning it like SE, ASA and KL did.

Status
Not open for further replies.