Imperial System 1.6 - The Inner System Update

Will the name of Romeo be Romeo or Romeu

• Total voters
I don't think this could be related to the planet pack, it's most likely a game bug. It seems like your rocket has been sent to the center of Earth (I assume you play on realistic?).
Also, could you confirm that it still happens if you deactivate all mods? Bugs can come from mods too.
Yes,i am playing realistic mode. I will try making a world that isnt on realistic mode. trying hard now.

TheeZackMichael

Man on the Moon
Registered
I don't think this could be related to the planet pack, it's most likely a game bug. It seems like your rocket has been sent to the center of Earth (I assume you play on realistic?).
Also, could you confirm that it still happens if you deactivate all mods? Bugs can come from mods too.
View attachment 104244
There's clearly something wrong with this. Not sure if this is the game fault. But the orbit lines are not rendering! Maybe you can take a look? It's strange that some are but some aren't.
SFS fixed it.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I opened the game and it still isn't fixed. So I opened dnSpy and found the problem.
Kelper.NormalizeAngle(double angle) does not have a NaN check. I added it and it works now.
It took me 5 minutes.
Another great bug I see. Good catch anyway, even if there shouldn't be a NaN at that stage because it means that something has been fucked up before.

TheeZackMichael

Man on the Moon
Registered
I opened the game and it still isn't fixed. So I opened dnSpy and found the problem.
Kelper.NormalizeAngle(double angle) does not have a NaN check. I added it and it works now.
It took me 5 minutes.
I can confirm it doesn't work 100%. On PC, it worked, but in mobile, it's still appearing. Can you send me the file through Google Drive? Thanks.

TheeZackMichael

Man on the Moon
Registered
I can try answering some of these (even then, I'm doing it in basic ways) in order to not be confusing to other people later on.

As of the time of this message...
2. The TerrainFormula settings take care of that part.
3. Usually that's made using gradients, textures, and stuff in a 1 by x grid (x must be less than or equal to 16536 pixels tall). The idea is simple but the execution is rather... Dragging, for a lack of a better word.
5. I believe that's due to a limitation in SFS's orbit line rendering, which happens at around 1 ly in the scale of SFS 1.4. But the objects are still reachable.
6. For this specific parameter, its more for the eventual case when the orbits get soo eccentric that the orbit quality ends up dying. Say, Hale-Bopp. So you can end up increasing the resolution until the quality of the periapsis actually looks like an orbit.
7. I'd either look at the Kopernicus wiki, a Google search for each of the objects, and/or reproject each of the textures in the OPM mod into a sphere for spherical objects. (GIMP <3)
8. Start from searching on the internet, then eventually learn how to make then yourself using tools like PDN, GIMP, or your 3D rendering tools. This is more of a question that changes over time as you learn more.
9. The object count where this point hits depends on the device, but its inevitable, unfortunately.

1, 4, and 10 are currently a bit beyond my knowledge at the moment.
Can I use textures from your old Interstellar Planet Pack? I can't seem to find many good textures for my upcoming Interstellar's Gargantua System after scouring the internet.

TheeZackMichael

Man on the Moon
Registered
I'm sorry for the wait. My B: Drive broke which means that all files there including my planet pack can't be accessed for now before I fix it. I have a proposal to make for the next 2.0 update however. In the next 2.0 update, I'm planning to include at least 5 to 10 ancient 4 year old planet packs from 1.4 and I will be reviving them for either 1.5 or 1.6. Does anyone want to give me permission for their old planet packs?

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I'm sorry for the wait. My B: Drive broke which means that all files there including my planet pack can't be accessed for now before I fix it. I have a proposal to make for the next 2.0 update however. In the next 2.0 update, I'm planning to include at least 5 to 10 ancient 4 year old planet packs from 1.4 and I will be reviving them for either 1.5 or 1.6. Does anyone want to give me permission for their old planet packs?
Well I believe most of the creators of 1.4 planet packs have gone