Interstellar SFS collab development thread (w/ Octa)

zTallsRobot

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Greetings, Talls Here :D:D:D

- INTRODUCTION -

Sooo, I have an exciting interstellar collab with Octacorpus where we'll send a huge ISV to Proxima Centauri system and barnard B to stay on some planets and research for a long time. I know proxima centauri is quite generic for interstellar missions but don't worry, we can make more expeditions to other stars you guys may suggest! This thread was made to track progress of our amazing collab.

- CURRENT MISSION PLAN -

the plan is to assemble a huge, +400m long ship with my huge Leviathan rocket (see original post here) in orbit, once orbital assembly is complete, we'll launch some crew with a shuttle that Octacorpus is building and also some cargo ressupply crafts I've done, once everything is done the ISV will turn on it's engines to Jupiter for a gravity assist (everything is supposed to be in realistic mode, may change if I have some difficulties with planet packs btw) and escape from the solar system. if it's needed for an encounter the ship will make an Oberth maneuver on Jupiter to reach there in less time and having a encounter with Proxima Centauri. Once the long journey towards our favourite red dwarf finishes, with it's RCS system the ship makes some TCM maneuvers to get a proper encounter with Proxima B, this encounter is to make aerobreaking, because the ISV has a huuuuge 180m wide heatshield to protect it from micrometeroids and save a lot of fuel by slowing down on the exoplanet's atmosphere. After getting into stable low orbit arround our exoplanet, it's time for the best part. VTOL shuttles (made by Octacorpus ) and landers (watch this) to land some people there. Astronauts will use the VTOL as their habitats, they will do experiments on their surface and they will also use a exploration unit made by Octacorpus too, to drive arround the surface, in search for interesting surface features and doing experiments on different parts. And also they will mark a point to colonize. They will also search for signs of life. Once they get back into orbit and dock to the ISV, it's time to explore the remaining stars and exoplanets.

Once all the mission is done, the ISV turns it's engines once more to get to the sun. To capture into orbit we'll use the help of our big friend, Jupiter, and then a final retrograde burn to set an encounter with Earth. A strong aerobreaking maneuver starts, and the ISV stays into orbit to be reused for a new mission. And then crew returns back to home.

Concepts coming soon

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Can't wait to see what you guys create together

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
That looks very promising. In order to preserve the high level of quality of the project, I propose that I do not contribute to it :p

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Hello guys, long time without getting involved in a project that is not from halo.

I am very proud to make such an important collaboration, and thanks to zTallsRobot for getting involved in this project with me

Now let's get to the important topic, for this mission, despite already being planned, we did not have much to work with. So now I will show you some concepts of the vehicles and parts of the interstellar ship we have imagined.

First of all we have our method of transportation
with a trailer in the back (no name yet)

IMG_20230927_123553.png

We also have our fantastic VTOL shuttle
with interesting mechanisms and a large cargo space, perfect for transporting our vehicle so the astronauts can use it as a temporary laboratory

Screenshot_2023-09-22-00-16-41-808_com.vblast.flipaclip~2.jpg

Interior view
Screenshot_2023-09-22-00-16-20-229_com.vblast.flipaclip~3.jpg

Now the big ship
In the first concepts I imagined the ship this way, something I did in 30 minutes and just added random nonsense

Screenshot_2023-09-27-12-41-05-083-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

Now something a little more realistic that zTallsRobot did (may not be the final design, we may add more things)

Screenshot_2023-09-27-12-25-11-962_com.vblast.flipaclip.png

Currently I already have a functional prototype of the VTOL shuttle, it is still in progress but we have already started

I will update the thread soon when the shuttle is 100% functional

I would appreciate zTallsRobot If you could explain to us the parts and how they work on the ship.

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Your great rockets in combination with Octo's giant ships? Super excited for this[TEA]
I'm also very excited o_O

Can't wait to see what you guys create together
For now the important thing is to have motivation to want to do the project :p:p

That looks very promising. In order to preserve the high level of quality of the project, I propose that I do not contribute to it :p
I couldn't expect less from you Altaïr, it's been a long time since I've made an interesting thread and this is my opportunity to contribute good content again[TEA]

zTallsRobot

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hello guys, long time without getting involved in a project that is not from halo.

I am very proud to make such an important collaboration, and thanks to zTallsRobot for getting involved in this project with me

Now let's get to the important topic, for this mission, despite already being planned, we did not have much to work with. So now I will show you some concepts of the vehicles and parts of the interstellar ship we have imagined.

View attachment 107305

with interesting mechanisms and a large cargo space, perfect for transporting our vehicle so the astronauts can use it as a temporary laboratory

View attachment 107310

Interior view
View attachment 107309

Now the big ship
In the first concepts I imagined the ship this way, something I did in 30 minutes and just added random nonsense

View attachment 107308

Now something a little more realistic that zTallsRobot did (may not be the final design, we may add more things)

View attachment 107307

Currently I already have a functional prototype of the VTOL shuttle, it is still in progress but we have already started

I would appreciate zTallsRobot If you could explain to us the parts and how they work on the ship.
"I would appreciate zTallsRobot lf you explain to us the parts and how they work on the ship." the last part was in white text
Lmao

Anyway, I'll explain how the ship works and it's components from right to left.

We start with the heat shield. A massive, 180m diameter shield to protect the ship from mictometeroids and aerobrake on exoplanets to capture into orbit and saving fuel.

The second module, is a reinforced main battery module with a few radiators and electronics. it also has an automated control system.

the first modules of the crew section of the spaceship are two spherical habitats with radiation shielding and no windows. They contain some rooms for every single astronaut inside and cryo chambers and a small manual piloting zone.

Now we have the docking bay module and airlock section, a module that has some small ports to dock shuttles and extra crafts and the main module has some storage compartments for the crew once it's docked.

The final module of the crew section of the ship. A deployable artificial gravity centrifuge and a relatively small compartment to store cargo.

The main truss of the module, the largest section of the ship, contains some crucial services of the ship: it has the main fuel reserves, batteries, etc. on the lower part of the main truss there is a nuclear reactor to produce energy during the long journey, and advanced radial radiators to reduce heat.

The propulsion module, is the most importart part of the mission. It will produce a high thrust and it should have enough efficiency for the flight but the concept of this engine is not 100% done so changes may appear.

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
This is true awesomeness. What planet pack are you using?

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Can't wait to see this, I like the design illustrations :)

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

View attachment 107305

View attachment 107310

Interior view
View attachment 107309

Now the big ship

View attachment 107308

View attachment 107307

I wanna see that shittle in workin order probably after 2 years (crap I have only 5 days left of free roamin in internet afterwards Auf wiedersehen)

And hey Octa make it a heavy lifter!

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I wanna see that shittle in workin order probably after 2 years (crap I have only 5 days left of free roamin in internet afterwards Auf wiedersehen)

And hey Octa make it a heavy lifter!
Are you going to abandon us? I will wait for your return.

Maybe it's not a weight lifter But it's going to have an interesting design with strange mechanisms, maybe tomorrow you'll see how it works:p

Here you have a small preview

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Some progress on what I'm doing, maybe the shuttle and vehicle will be complete this weekend

Hangar opens its doors
Screenshot_2023-09-30-00-49-46-709-edit_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
Screenshot_2023-09-30-00-50-24-449-edit_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
Screenshot_2023-09-30-00-50-59-031-edit_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

VTOL and wheels retracted
Screenshot_2023-09-30-00-51-57-328-edit_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Screenshot_2023-09-30-00-51-26-788-edit_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

VTOL again
( The mechanism can be deployed at high speeds )

Screenshot_2023-09-30-00-53-07-880-edit_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Landing and door open

Screenshot_2023-09-30-00-53-40-399-edit_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Vehicle
image-43.png

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Very impressive, a true masterpiece!
Where bp?

S

Sportgus

This makes me even more excited to see the ship go through an atmosphere :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant