Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Nice going Marmilo, looks like a cool rocket!

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
That cube is the payload
wait the rules in K.T. Club is that the payload must not been used as 2nd stg or what (since that's your payload and it must be 1k)

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
wait the rules in K.T. Club is that the payload must not been used as 2nd stg or what (since that's your payload and it must be 1k)
Oof I told you I am worst at building blueprints but I want to give it a try

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
why don't ya try the payload first before the assembly of the Launch Vehicle (payload first so that you could count exactly the mass of it)

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
That's not about building blueprints. It's about reading the rules before you start. What he is saying is in the rules at the start of this thread.

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
That's not about building blueprints. It's about reading the rules before you start. What he is saying is in the rules at the start of this thread.
I've read the rules before I start, I am not trying to against the rules, also, Where is the rule of "the payload must not been used as 2nd stg or what (since that's your payload and it must be 1k)"?

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Payload must be transported all in one go does that means the 2nd stage must not have engines?

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
I've read the rules before I start, I am not trying to against the rules, also, Where is the rule of "the payload must not been used as 2nd stg or what (since that's your payload and it must be 1k)"?
You have to have 1 kt in orbit. You don't cos you burnt most of the fuel.

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
You have to have 1 kt in orbit. You don't cos you burnt most of the fuel.
I did put 1k in orbit, but it just inc engines, hopefully I can send that payload without engines

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I did put 1k in orbit, but it just inc engines, hopefully I can send that payload without engines
You lost at least 22% of your 1kt fuel, that means it weighs like less than 800tonnes now.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Oh no I shouldn't have send it!
It means you should have done the maths, assuming you read the 1kt rule at the beginning. :)

We are forgiving though, just make it better, double check it is 1kt, and submit it.

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
It means you should have done the maths, assuming you read the 1kt rule at the beginning. :)

We are forgiving though, just make it better, double check it is 1kt, and submit it.
OK

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Where is the rule of "the payload must not been used as 2nd stg or what (since that's your payload and it must be 1k)"?
You need to transport a payload of 1 kiloton (1000 tons) into orbit.
I'd say it's pretty clear here. You need to have 1000t in orbit. You haven't got 1000t in orbit, even if you included the engines.

Bearing in mind that last picture is at 1300m/s at 78% fuel. You've another 350m/s before you make orbit. That'll cost you a fair bit of your fuel. So you'll have around 500-600t in orbit, even if you accounted for the engines.

If you're not going to have a separate payload, then you can account for the weight with the second stage as well, like you have. But that remaining weight of fuel, the dry mass and the engines needs to equal 1000tons. Which you haven't.

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I'd say it's pretty clear here. You need to have 1000t in orbit. You haven't got 1000t in orbit, even if you included the engines.

Bearing in mind that last picture is at 1300m/s at 78% fuel. You've another 350m/s before you make orbit. That'll cost you a fair bit of your fuel. So you'll have around 500-600t in orbit, even if you accounted for the engines.

If you're not going to have a separate payload, then you can account for the weight with the second stage as well, like you have. But that remaining weight of fuel, the dry mass and the engines needs to equal 1000tons. Which you haven't.
Ok Horus

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Time to revive this thread with my last creation:
Screenshot_20210117-002709_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20210117-002643_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

That beast weighs 14 kton without the payload, and is able to hold a full build space in its fairing.

It is its first flight, time to test it.
Lift-off!
Screenshot_20210117-002800_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210117-002828_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210117-002852_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

The launcher quickly gains speed:
Screenshot_20210117-002949_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210117-003020_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Each of those boosters have 18 Titan engines. With the main core, that's 20 ktons of thrust overall.

Then, booster separation:
Screenshot_20210117-003037_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210117-003046_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210117-003103_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Now the main core with its 56 Frontier engines is alone.
Fairing separation:
Screenshot_20210117-003210_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

And orbit:
Screenshot_20210117-003231_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210117-003332_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

The payload weighs 3600 tons, it corresponds to a build space completely filled with fuel tanks. And I could even have done better, I had 20% of fuel left.

Mission accomplished :cool:

It works better than the SLS...

Falcon231

Man on the Moon
Registered
Time to revive this thread with my last creation:
View attachment 53661
View attachment 53662
That beast weighs 14 kton without the payload, and is able to hold a full build space in its fairing.

It is its first flight, time to test it.
Lift-off!
View attachment 53663 View attachment 53664 View attachment 53665

The launcher quickly gains speed:
View attachment 53666 View attachment 53667
Each of those boosters have 18 Titan engines. With the main core, that's 20 ktons of thrust overall.

Then, booster separation:
View attachment 53668 View attachment 53669 View attachment 53670

Now the main core with its 56 Frontier engines is alone.
Fairing separation:
View attachment 53671

And orbit:
View attachment 53672 View attachment 53673

The payload weighs 3600 tons, it corresponds to a build space completely filled with fuel tanks. And I could even have done better, I had 20% of fuel left.

Mission accomplished :cool:

It works better than the SLS...
Big thrust

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Haha, I’m pretty sure that thing can lift a couple of SLSs to orbit.
Oh please, don't give me that kind of ideas... You know that really makes me want to try it o_O

No, I won't make a SLS replica just for that... :confused: