Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Hey, I've seen this video. Is it true that on KSP you can literally catch an asteroid and bring it to anywhere you want?
Yeah, you have been able to do it for a while now. I did it once, and built a space station out of it!
E337E3A4-AF04-4062-AD5E-0DF14A2C22C9.jpeg

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Here is my WIP Soyuz. Korolev cross and LAS equiped
D6E113D1-5FC1-40EC-875A-C2A614A48557.png

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
A couple of suggestion, IF you can, 'cause I don't play KSP, I don't know of it will be possible, try to make the LES and the Fairing a little thiner, also If you can, Add some fins to the Boosters :)
This is simple rockets. Not KSP. But I will definitely give it a try.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Ok Blazer, I redesigned the boosters, fairing, and LAS and I have to say it looks much better now. Thanks!
112E3C0A-6250-4551-9E50-68AAC2D4FA3E.png

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
No No No no Danny.

I went Ugly early, and built myself an A-10 from scratch.

Untitled1.png

And I mean from scratch. There's no mod parts here, the fuselage is built from round tanks and structural plates and the wings are hand crafted from root to tip. The nose is a mk.2 lander can (and manages to not only look nothing like an A-10 nose, but is actually even uglier than the original.) Underneath the plates is a lot of struts keeping the centre section in one piece as it kept flexing in flight (in fact the tail nearly fell off on the first spawn before I'd even tested the control surfaces).

It's got a pair of Wheesley engines (the only suitable sized turbofan engines), dual mounted on pylons low over the double tail and probably generates 3 times the thrust to weight of the original. Although, because they're subsonic engines, it accelerates quite easily to transonic and then puffs out just before the barrier.

It's also fitted with faithfully recreated control surfaces including separate flaps and and ailerons, the latter of which open out to create an airbrake same as the original, and reverse folding wheels

Untitled3.png

The hardest part though was the wing shape. From the side view, it's rotated upwards and curved dihedrally from mid-wing as it should be and maintaining that symmetrically in 3 dimensions so it wouldn't ruin the centre of lift and flip over in flight was horrendous.

Untitled4.png

Sadly Blazer the GAU/8 isn't represented ingame, so not only can it not make sweet BrrrRRRRTTTTT music, but the nose is a lot lighter than it should be and I had to play with fuel to stop it squatting on its tail on the runway.

It needs a lot more work though, take off isn't a calming experience despite the thrust and it only flies straight with SAS on which means i've fucked the wings/tail up somewhere. It doesn't go mental during hard manoeuvrers though and it can be landed quite calmly so it isn't all bad and I may move the nosewheel offset as well for moar realism.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
No No No no Danny.

I went Ugly early, and built myself an A-10 from scratch.

View attachment 28521

And I mean from scratch. There's no mod parts here, the fuselage is built from round tanks and structural plates and the wings are hand crafted from root to tip. The nose is a mk.2 lander can (and manages to not only look nothing like an A-10 nose, but is actually even uglier than the original.) Underneath the plates is a lot of struts keeping the centre section in one piece as it kept flexing in flight (in fact the tail nearly fell off on the first spawn before I'd even tested the control surfaces).

It's got a pair of Wheesley engines (the Sadly Blazer the GAU/8 isn't represented ingame, so not only can it not make sweet BrrrRRRRTTTTT music, but the nose is a lot lighter than it should be and I had to play with fuel to stop it squatting on its tail on the runway
I think I'm gonna quote Cosmo here and "Can't buy a gun? Just build One!"

What I mean is, if you don't have the GAU how about represent it with other Parts? I mean something similar to what we do in SFS with bp editing.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I think I'm gonna quote Cosmo here and "Can't buy a gun? Just build One!"

What I mean is, if you don't have the GAU how about represent it with other Parts? I mean something similar to what we do in SFS with bp editing.
The problem with making a GAU is representative parts. There are a lot of weapons mods for KSP floating around the internet including automated air defence units with SAM and AAA capabilities. The hassle is they're all parallel weapons (one barrel), no one has built a rotary weapon of any size and certainly not the 20ft long, quarter ton Avenger cannon. And there's nothing really close enough in size and shape to poke out of the nose.

Also, very nice A-10 recreation, Horus Lupercal.

Considered the possibility to make other military birds? A B-1B Lancer is something I would love to see.
Most military birds are pretty easy. The previous aircraft I built further up post is a 85% copy of an F-15. Except the quad engine set up, everything else works like an Eagle should work.

Except for something like the Lancer. This suffers from an issue that gets resolved I think in one of the expansions which is moving parts. I'd love to make a variable geometry wing and buzz the tower in a home made Tomcat but there's no powered hinges. Even homemade helicopters on KSP don't have true shaft powered rotors, they're small roof mounted spinning wings with tip mounted engines. The same would mean I couldn't build any prop driven planes like a Spitfire or C-130.

I do want to build an ENORMORA-PIG cargo plane at some point though, but I got sidetracked last time and gave it wheels instead of wings and built a 23m long rover with a full sized aircraft hull and drop ramp.