Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
More important question, when are you giving her guns? There's a distinctive lack of freedom in the surrounding areas, just ripe for powder charge delivered, 16 inch democracy packages.
She has her main battery now. None of the rest yet, I'm getting real low on some of the specific resources needed.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Yeah, adding the main guns is showing me I actually probably messed up the hull shape quite a bit...

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Yeah, adding the main guns is showing me I actually probably messed up the hull shape quite a bit...
How so? The shape looks good to me, although I've not gone into anywhere near as much scrutiny as you have. Is it the position of 2 and 3 turrets being too close to the superstructure?

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
How so? The shape looks good to me, although I've not gone into anywhere near as much scrutiny as you have. Is it the position of B and C turrets being too close to the superstructure?
No, they're about right. One issue is the hull narrows to the bow too quickly (it's way top narrow around the A turret). Also, I just completely winged the stern below the waterline, and I was way off as a result. Completely disredgarded the propellers and rudders. I've made a destroyer since then and been doing quite a bit better with practice. Just don't have the time to fix the mistakes with Wisky.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
No, they're about right. One issue is the hull narrows to the bow too quickly (it's way top narrow around the A turret). Also, I just completely winged the stern below the waterline, and I was way off as a result. Completely disredgarded the propellers and rudders. I've made a destroyer since then and been doing quite a bit better with practice. Just don't have the time to fix the mistakes with Wisky.
Yeah, plus fixing a ship that big will take quite a long time...

also, like how you're using British turret designations, and I'm using American...

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Yeah, Although I was actually using the German designations... I never even realized Americans used numbers and not the german system lol. The naval historian channel I've been learning from is British, so I guess that explains it.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Yeah, Although I was actually using the German designations... I never even realized Americans used numbers and not the german system lol. The naval historian channel I've been learning from is British, so I guess that explains it.
Zee Germans use a different system to both the brits and the yanks. The Jerries use Anton, Bruno, Ceaser, Dora, the Brits use A, B, Q, X and the US just use numbers front to back.

T

The Dark in the Light

So I saw the ship first hand...

It is extensive, and no words can describe it's beauty.