LEO challenge - Real size Earth

By the way, how do you load your own rocket onto the pad? Mine just falls through even if I set the new save file altitude to above the launch pad.

This is also not very useful for a real playthrough, since you can't land anywhere and sizing up everything will screw up the game's map indicators.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
By the way, how do you load your own rocket onto the pad? Mine just falls through even if I set the new save file altitude to above the launch pad.

This is also not very useful for a real playthrough, since you can't land anywhere and sizing up everything will screw up the game's map indicators.
Your rocket sinks through the launchpad too?! Strange, I never had that problem...

Otherwise scaling everything up is not very useful indeed, since you can't land anywhere. But reaching LEO is already a good challenge in itself :)

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend

What you have to do is create a backup copy of your Persistant.qks file. Then delete the One you have on the game folder. Open the game and hit Build New Rocket and launch. You will respawn on the launchpad.

But If you want to respawn anything else you'll have to delete the .qks again

Is it because of my trash phone, because my rocket doesn't launch when I make the earth real size. Is there any way to reduce graphics load?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Is it because of my trash phone, because my rocket doesn't launch when I make the earth real size. Is there any way to reduce graphics load?
Ah, I also remember I had a lot of lags, especially if I zoomed out in the rocket view. I've tried to find a solution (by removing terrain, textures...), but nothing worked. :confused:

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Yes, use flat textures (set shadowIntensity to 0) If you look at my post above that's what I did

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Yes, use flat textures (set shadowIntensity to 0) If you look at my post above that's what I did
Ooooooh thanks for this! If I had known I would have asked you sooner!

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Here’s another ridiculously hard challenge by Altaïr...

Just kidding... I enjoy these types of challenges... :p

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Here’s another ridiculously hard challenge by Altaïr...

Just kidding... I enjoy these types of challenges... :p
Oh, that one was a relatively easy one. Did you already forget "Jupiterized"? :p

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
wanna revive the challenge again guys? marmilo?

the last time i've tried this were testin the limit of my launcher (before it got yeeted on file clean up)

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Okay, i have some little problem on earth provided on first so, I'll use Faithful RSS (forgot who made it :3)

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Alright I've got into LEO... :) :)

Screenshot_2020-12-30-10-33-04-85.png

Screenshot_2020-12-30-10-26-42-79.png

Screenshot_2020-12-30-10-26-54-43.png

Screenshot_2020-12-30-10-29-17-89.png

Screenshot_2020-12-30-10-31-26-03.png

Screenshot_2020-12-30-10-32-33-70.png

Altaïr is this right? :) :) :)

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
This is the reason I come here. Good stuff.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Yes, this is all good. Well done Mars Pathfinder :)
It's possible that a problem occured with the file I provided, it was for SFS 1.4.06. The launchpad wasn't managed the same way too...

By the way, the unit for your velocity is strange, it should be displayed in m/s... meters per second squared are an acceleration unit.