Man on the Moon
Registered
MSDP thumbnail1.png

E V E R Y B O D Y W A N T S T O R U L E T H E W O R L D

Adding the Sea Dragon Launch vehicle into SFS

Note: This Parts Pack is Designed with Realistic Difficulty in mind
it is also designed to work alongside BR-Apollo
BR-Apollo link:
(v1.2 UPDATE) BR-Apollo (Previously BASP) | Spaceflight Simulator Forum (jmnet.one)

MSDP GitHub link: Mac33299/Mac-Sea-Dragon-Pack: A SFS Mods that aims to add the Sea Dragon Launch vehicle (github.com)

Release 1.0
There was also like 5 InDev pre-releases but we don't talk about that

Parts:

First stage Main engine
Screenshot (4564).png
A really powerful engine (has unique start-up animation that occurs only on the first time the engine is turned on, which also effect thrust btw)

Second stage Main engine
Screenshot (4566).png

A not a powerful, but more efficient engine (also has a unique start up animation that occurs only on the first time the engine is turned on, no effect on thrust tho) (has an extending nozzle that only extends on the engine being activated, but won't retract afterwards, can be manually extended in the build menu for other uses other than sea dragon)

TVC engine (Thrust Vector Control engine)
Screenshot (4568).png

A not so powerful engine, compared to the others, but provides significant amount of control torque (also has a start-up animation) (comes with optional Aerocover settings)

first stage and second stage fuel tanks
Screenshot (4556).png

Screenshot (4557).png

Hold fuel.... Idk what else to say

Second stage engine cover
Screenshot (4558).png

goes directly on top of the second stage engine (don't need clipping cheat for it) Provides more fuel for the second stage, and also includes mounting points for the TVC engine (the TVC detailing can be disabled for some reason)

Sea Dragon Stage separator
Screenshot (4559).png

big and stronk

Sea Dragon Instrument Ring
Screenshot (4562).png

Provides control (includes built in Weak payload separator)

Fairing Cap and Payload Bay Segment
Screenshot (4563).png

Screenshot (4565).png

for P a y l o a d

(Fairing Cap has optional Nose cone top)
Screenshot (4570).png

Interiors
Screenshot (4571).png

Sea Dragon First stage Recovery Unit
Screenshot (4560).png

Built in Parachute and Drag flare.
1691266659830.png

Designed to work alongside BR-Apollo
Screenshot (4572).png

no links down here yet, go back up...

Last edited:

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
I think adding massive RCS to the 2nd stage would be helpful for docking. The real Sea Dragon also had massive RCS thrusters.
Because the Sea Dragon is reusable, the second stage should be recoverable too.

Mac33299

Modder
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Registered
I think adding massive RCS to the 2nd stage would be helpful for docking. The real Sea Dragon also had massive RCS thrusters.
There is no finalized Sea dragon RCS pod arrangements, how ever I still plan to add it by next update, along side a tanker module

Because the Sea Dragon is reusable, the second stage should be recoverable too.
Yes you are correct the Sea Dragon did plan to have second stage reuse, however the concept didn't make it far enough to give us an idea of how it would be achieved

Last edited:

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
There is no finalized Sea dragon RCS pod arrangements, how ever I still plan to add it by next update, along side a tanker module
True
Yes you are correct the Sea Dragon did plan to have second stage reuse, however the concept didn't make it far enough to give us an idea of how it would be achieved
I'm not how sure the second stage would be recovered, but It could be recovered using a flare or parachutes. I'm not sure.

Mac33299

Modder
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Registered
I'm not how sure the second stage would be recovered, but It could be recovered using a flare or parachutes. I'm not sure.
Considering it's coming from orbital velocity, a drag flare is out of the question, the first stage drag flare is heat resistant but was only able to withstand re-entry from suborbital trajectory, the second stage would likely need a really big inflatable heatshield.

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Considering it's coming from orbital velocity, a drag flare is out of the question, the first stage drag flare is heat resistant but was only able to withstand re-entry from suborbital trajectory, the second stage would likely need a really big inflatable heatshield.
The second stage could have retrorockets and air-brake-heatshield panels like NEXUS?

As the guy that made the first sea dragon over 6 months ago, this is incredibly impressive. I love it. I think I'll use it to attempt to put Jamestown Base on the Moon.

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
As the guy that made the first sea dragon over 6 months ago, this is incredibly impressive. I love it. I think I'll use it to attempt to put Jamestown Base on the Moon.
Jamestown expansion, of course. Not the original.