Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Currently having problem with the latest beta.
My crashes as soon as the main menu shows up. I have no mods installed, and also don’t have the old modloader installed. I play on my M1 MacBook.
Any solutions to this problem?
Hello PastedVirus

The devs have been made aware about your issue. This is most likely because of a compatibility issue between Unity and Mac. They will try to find a solution, but unfortunately there's no fix available right now. Sorry.

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I can't use texture packs in the beta. Also, what is the example texture pack for?

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I did the DLL file thing For the Cucumber space PartEditor and it did not work
You have to leave the part editor folder in the mods folder. Just put the .zip file in the "Mods" folder and unzip it. It should make a folder with the mod.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Well with no extra details we can't help. What part of the guide did you follow? Which one did you try to download? What version are you on?

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Well any texture i tried didnt work and im on the beta
Yes, this is exactly what I did and it doesn't work. Do you think this has anything to do with the update tomorrow?

Loading mods fails after 20th Oct update

I own the game on steam and I was using Dani's mod loader just fine until now. After latest update I am trying to load mods but it always fails with the error: Failed to load asset pack: C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Spacheflight Simulator/Spaceflight Simulator Game/Mods/Custom Assets/Parts/PicoSpace_Engines_v0.5.2.pack

I checked the paths to be correct, re-installed the game, removed old moder and made sure the pack is included in the supported mods list from here: https://jmnet.one/sfs/forum/index.php?threads/mods-and-installation-questions-and-answers.10227/

Even with other mods - I tried PartEditor so far it still does not load it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1667110453959.png

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend

I own the game on steam and I was using Dani's mod loader just fine until now. After latest update I am trying to load mods but it always fails with the error: Failed to load asset pack: C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Spacheflight Simulator/Spaceflight Simulator Game/Mods/Custom Assets/Parts/PicoSpace_Engines_v0.5.2.pack

I checked the paths to be correct, re-installed the game, removed old moder and made sure the pack is included in the supported mods list from here: https://jmnet.one/sfs/forum/index.php?threads/mods-and-installation-questions-and-answers.10227/

View attachment 91960
Hello boghy8823

It seems you made everything correctly indeed. I'm not sure about that one, but EmberSkyMedia 's packs require the Electricity part pack to work. I'll let him confirm, but maybe try this?

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, I tried adding the pack you suggested but U get the same error, even for the new pack...

Something seems o be incompatible with the new version of mod loader

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hello,

Thanks for your reply, I tried adding the pack you suggested but U get the same error, even for the new pack...

Something seems o be incompatible with the new version of mod loader
Hello again,

I tried to install those packs, I also have an isse on my side (though the error message is different). I'll let EmberSkyMedia handle this since it's his pack.

Just for test purposes, can you please try to install this mod to see if it works? That's one I released a few days ago, and I know from others that it works. If it works for you then your configuration should be fine.

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered

View attachment 91960
“PicoSpaceBooster.pack” is not the file name structure I use… so not sure what you are trying to install.

“PicoSpace_Boosters_V0.2.0.pack” is the current latest version.

Altaïr Thanks for the reply, I tried installing the mod you mentioned that works well for you and to my surprise, it fails to load on my end. A sign that something is wrong on my side but not sure what. I tried two different PC's up till now and still get the same error.

EmberSkyMedia I was trying to get the mod to load and thought renaming the file to something different might help. I did a fresh install with latest files from your Github but still get the same error. As I mentioned above something might be wrong with my installation. Thanks again for your help.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
@Altaïr Thanks for the reply, I tried installing the mod you mentioned that works well for you and to my surprise, it fails to load on my end. A sign that something is wrong on my side but not sure what. I tried two different PC's up till now and still get the same error.
This is surprising. You told me you reinstalled the game, but just to be sure, when you removed Dani's mod loader files, did you also delete 0Harmony.dll?

If yes then this might be the explanation. That file is now part of the game and has been updated, it is necessary for injecting code. In this case, under your Steam library, right click on the game then select Properties > Local files and click "Verify integrity of game files". It should restore it.

This is surprising. You told me you reinstalled the game, but just to be sure, when you removed Dani's mod loader files, did you also delete 0Harmony.dll?

If yes then this might be the explanation. That file is now part of the game and has been updated, it is necessary for injecting code. In this case, under your Steam library, right click on the game then select Properties > Local files and click "Verify integrity of game files". It should restore it.
In which folder should I move the mod?