Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 15.00.32.png

It is in the more-parts category under the piston; make sure you have the electricity mod installed. And if none of that works just redownload the mod.

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
It does, only in atmosphere and it has low thrust even then

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I think it does, though i've heard of issues when using ARPLANET in different solar systems

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Did you press the button that activates them, Y i think. And make sure you are within the sight range of the space center antenna,

Just a small comment.
I've been trying to implement communications satellites but as intended, a burn on the other side of Earth to raise the apogee is out of comms range.
However, when I set up ground stations (a few by using a very secure truck and 25x physics timewarp, the rest by Warpinator) at 30 degree longitude (I use this word to refer to "angle" in the files) intervals, they can contact the Space Centre from there. This makes no sense because the line between the Centre and this station goes through the surface.

Questions
1. Is this intentional?
2. Does this apply to anywhere on the surface?

This will help me in setting up my satellite constellations as I use this modification in my save.

Darthan

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
When I last tried this, I sent one comsat straight up. Then, when it is high enough to see parts of an orbit nearly 180 deg apart, launch another rocket into orbit carrying 3 comsats. Raise the apogee from close to 90 deg, the apogee is then visible to the straight up satellite so you can raise the perigee of the orbiting spacecraft.

You then need to pick 2 orbits in a 3:1 resonance. The higher at 3 earth radii or more. Raise the carrier to the lower of the two orbits, release each satellite at the same point in the carrier orbit and raise it to the second orbit. Once all sats have been released the are 120 deg apart, can always see each other and at least one can see the launchpad.