My custom capsules aren't working, any help?

Hello, my custom capsules such like this
1658487577083.png
as you can see, it's still going high speed after reentering. ( I drained the fuel tank)
This happens to every one of my custom capsules, they only work when i don't go into orbit and go straight, any help on the comments?
I really can't elaborate that much, so thank you.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Please don't spam posts.

I can think of two combined reasons for that, but to verify you will need to post (uncropped) buildscreen pictures and of your entry trajectory.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
This is surprising. This only happens with your custom capsules?
Do you use any cheat? Any mod? This is important to know if we want to understand the problem.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Is there any way to delete posts? i was just trying to see what are quotes, it's actually just reply but showing to others.
You gain the ability to edit and delete posts within a certain time after posting by doing the Team Ranks challenges.

This is surprising. This only happens with your custom capsules?
Do you use any cheat? Any mod? This is important to know if we want to understand the problem.
It only happens on my custom capsules, i do not use any cheats (exept the normal cheats), or mods. Once i tried to put a TextureLoader, but didn't work successfully.
Yeah.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
exept the normal cheats
I assume that you're not using "no atmospheric drag"?

If that's not the reason can you please provide a blueprint of a custom capsule on which the bug happens?

I assume that you're not using "no atmospheric drag"?

If that's not the reason can you please provide a blueprint of a custom capsule on which the bug happens?
Sure, here.
Capturev.GIF

My Crew Dragon that isn't working in reentry. (I borrowed of Vectaverse's F9 logo and attached it on my Crew Dragon, because i can't make extreme blueprint edit.) And yes, i use "No atmospheric drag" cheat, so i can manuever while reentry, and do some fun stuff with it. (Also, some of my custom capsules flip when i turn off No atmospheric drag, i guess because of its weight. And also sometimes it just doesn't work.)
Yeah.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
So to recap, you're complaining about your heavily edited capsules not slowing down with no drag cheat on?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
And yes, i use "No atmospheric drag" cheat, so i can manuever while reentry, and do some fun stuff with it.
Then you've answered your own question, if you have "no atmospheric drag" enabled then how do you want your capsule to slow down?

If your problem is that your capsules are unstable then you have to find another solution, like giving them more torque or removing some mass.

You can also use this mod to make your capsules maneuverable and more stable during reentry.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
i use "No atmospheric drag" cheat, so i can manuever while reentry
This... facepalm

Dummy don't use no drag while on reentry, that's the reason your dragon screaming like hell while descendin.

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I don't know how to add mods, yet also i always make mass of a custom capsule into its minimum and wouldn't work

I did say i drained the fuel tanks of a custom capsule btw.
Then listen to the other recommendation Altair gave, and dont use cheats

XenonSpace

ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Registered
i use "No atmospheric drag" cheat
That's the reason why you're capsule is not slowing down: there is no drag. Turn it off, and it'll slow down (and burn).

some of my custom capsules flip when i turn off No atmospheric drag, i guess because of its weight
Put the weight more in the bottom, I suggest near the heatshield (or make it lighter) so it doesn't flip-flop in the air and making your capsule more stable, even in high speed.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I don't know how to add mods
You need the modloader first (unless you play with the beta). The procedure is described in the thread I linked to you. This is also described in the FAQ, don't hesitate to read it.

I did say i drained the fuel tanks of a custom capsule btw.
That's a good point, but if that's not enough you'll have to remove more weight. You can remove some parts for example. Bp editing is cool, but each new part has a mass, and if you make a very detailed capsule it can become heavy. XenonSpace is right, adding some weight at the bottom of your capsule will make it less unstable.

You can also add some RCS thrusters (and keep a little fuel to feed them) to try preventing the capsule from flipping.

and dont use cheats
I use some build cheats, and then a bit like No Collision Damage, if i wanna test satellites or other i use No Gravity, and.. No Heat Damage is useful when i'm lazy to Blueprint Edit, so..
That's all the most used cheats i use.